North Carolina Department of Revenue Interview Questions | Glassdoor

North Carolina Department of Revenue Interview Questions

2.9

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at North Carolina Department of Revenue.

Interview

Phone interview initially. Then in person with the director of department and manager. Overall interview was a little over one hour. During the interview a was given scenarios, after the interview the director walked me around the department. Professional staff.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at North Carolina Department of Revenue.

Interview

Well prepared. The interviewers had prepared statements and questions with expected answers.
    The room was quiet and clean and good for thinking.
    The process took about 2.
    I was given the opportunity to ask questions of the staff and provide additional information on my life experiences.

Interview Questions

• How confident are you with dealing with disaster recovery?   1 Answer

Tax Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina Department of Revenue (Raleigh, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

Three person interview panel. They were very professional and yet the atmosphere was relaxed while they asked you various behavioral questions. Enthusiastic when talking about the job in between questions. Technical questions consisted of simply asking about your experience with individual tax. There were skills and writing tests at the end but they were fairly simple questions and even then were allegedly only adminstered to gauge your experience.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you felt communication was unclear, and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at North Carolina Department of Revenue (Raleigh, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

There was a phone interview and two in-person interviews with 3-person panels. These were behavioral based interviews ("tell me about a time when...." questions). There was a skills assessment after each of the in-person interviews. I was nervous at first, but the people I interviewed with were very professional and put me at ease.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you suggested an improvement to a process or procedure. What was it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at North Carolina Department of Revenue.

Interview

Exactly what I had expected. A variety of behavioral and tax-law related questions. The interview ended with a timed test that covered straight forward federal and state tax scenarios to test experience and skill level. Although the interview was stressful, the interviewers were very professional and expressed interest throughout the interview. I wouldn't recommend candidates who do not meet the minimum qualifications or who are not fully serious with tax related work to interview for positions similar to this.

Interview Questions

• What's one scenario that you would not like to face as an employee for our organization?   Answer Question

Revenue Tax Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at North Carolina Department of Revenue (Raleigh, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

It was a behavioral interview with a three person panel. Everyone was professional and friendly. Process: two interviews by phone which took about 30 min. Next interview was about an hour in the office. All questions were give me an example when or tell me a time when type of questions. They gave me a lot of information and also let you ask them questions as well after the interview is over. Great experience and I hope they are as friendly when I start working with them.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult is looking at everyone write down info after I answered the questions. It made me extra nervous.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, starting pay almost 34,000 walking in the door.

Field Auditor II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina Department of Revenue.

Interview

Had an in person interview. Two managers flew to Detroit and interviewed up to 10 people. Interview was very relaxed but in a hotel room with the door not latched.

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate salary within their limits.

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at North Carolina Department of Revenue in January 2013.

Interview

Applied Online. I was contacted 6 months later for a face-to-face interview. The panel interview lasted less than an hour. Interviewers were very nice. Candidate can expect behavior type questions about difficult situations. It will probably help if you have collections experience. I was offered the position a week later.

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at North Carolina Department of Revenue in March 2011.

Interview

Process took 4 month. Received a lower end offer at the trainee rate.

Interview Questions

• Interview was very typical, no unexpected questions. They may ask you basics of NC tax (rate etc)   Answer Question

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina Department of Revenue in June 2010.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter then referred to hiring mamager for phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What did you lean most as an auditor?   1 Answer