North Carolina Farm Bureau Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at North Carolina Farm Bureau Insurance

3.1

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at North Carolina Farm Bureau Insurance (Charlotte, NC) in June 2011.

Interview

Tough interview process and was made to believe that I could make six figures in less than five years. There was however, no disclosure about the unobtainable life insurance quota until after accepting the job offer.

Negotiation

There's no negotiating. You accept their commission percentage or you don't get the job.

Policy Analyst Interview

Interview

The company uses Greene Personnel for outside hires. Other than that, most of the hiring is internal transfers.

Associate Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina Farm Bureau Insurance (Denver, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

I was referred by a friend to the Agency Manager. There are several interviews (first with the manager and then with both the manager and the Agent that I was going to be reporting to), and a timed test- if you don't pass this test, you cannot be offered a position even if the manager wants to make an offer. It is not a quick process. I didn't mind though because I think a reputable company will take it's time finding the right person and in the process, hopefully, will reduce turnover. Farm Bureau generally does not call ALL the applicants back to say whether or not they got the position. Someone referred to this as a "professional courtesy." Maybe it would be nice, but with a company as big and busy as Farm Bureau, simply don't have the resources to (in some cases) call back 25 people and let them know they failed the test so the interview process has ended. The Farm Bureau offices that I've been in (several) are all professional. The men wear ties and the AA's where nice, business casual clothes. Dress appropriately for an interview with NCFB. Should be understood but it's not, trust me-- no wet hair, flip flops or jeans when you are going to ANY interview.

Interview Questions

• What did you do in your last position?   1 Answer
    • In every position, sales are required; how do you think you would be at asking someone to buy insurance?   1 Answer

Associate Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at North Carolina Farm Bureau Insurance (New York, NY).

Interview

Going in for 3rd interview tomorrow. Very excited about it! Everyone has been so nice and welcoming so far!! Hope to know something tomorrow! Seems like a great place to work and start a new career!

Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at North Carolina Farm Bureau Insurance in January 2017.

Interview

Interview was lengthy with taking tests and answering questions. It has been 4 months now with no correspondence from them. Very unprofessional to not correspond with an applicant after a decision has been made.

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina Farm Bureau Insurance (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Great experience. Took 2 assessment test for the job. Felt welcome during the interview and manager made me it easy to be there. I was offered the job and I accepted the job.

Interview Questions

• How many prospects have you wrote down to call upon.   1 Answer

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocracoke, NC

Interview

Follow up email was extremely offending indicating nobody other than Farm Bureau agents are good. The email literally said “only the best of the best make Farm Bureau Agents”. I got news for you just because you don’t want to sell insurance every day it doesn’t mean you are less of a skilled professional. In fact from my observations you are probably smart not to get caught up in running with no company benefits for a company that has out of date systems and management practices.

Training is needed for Agency Managers trying to recruit “top talent”.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at North Carolina Farm Bureau Insurance (Raleigh, NC) in March 2019.

Interview

The process was pretty straight forward and comfortable. The hiring manager and supervisor were both very pleasant and easy to talk to. I enjoyed getting to know them sone and acquiring some information about the company.

Interview Questions

• Description of sonething difficult in your work experience   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at North Carolina Farm Bureau Insurance (Raleigh, NC) in September 2011.

Interview

It is very thorough. I had a one on one interview with a follow-up panel interview. The interview process included a drug test, a physical test, and a written test. There was also a psychological test which I found was very eye opening. I helped me find out some things about myself as a person. The experience of the interview was very difficult, but, it helped me to become aware of some issues in my personality of which I had never thought.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiation phase of the interview was very good.

Mailroom Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at North Carolina Farm Bureau Insurance (Raleigh, NC) in April 2018.

Interview

Very friendly, very communicative with any questions. Had a 2-day interview one with my immediate supervisor and the second with their supervisor. Each lasted 30-40 minutes. Also had to take a Wonderlic test for Math and English skills.

Interview Questions

• How would you define communication?   1 Answer
    • Would you like to expand upon any answers from your first interview?   1 Answer
    • Pick 5 words that best describe you?   Answer Question