North Carolina Farm Bureau Insurance Junior Developer (C#/Java) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at North Carolina Farm Bureau Insurance

1 Interview Review

Junior Developer (C#/Java) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina Farm Bureau Insurance (Raleigh, NC) in February 2019.

Interview

I applied for this position through a staffing agency that had NCFB as their client. A delivery manager from contacted me with the job description, told me that the position was contract-to-hire, and scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager.

There seemed to be a lack of consideration for currently employed candidates because they initially scheduled a phone interview at a time I'd be working and they didn't even ask for my availability. Also, the phone interview was an hour long, which is unusual since almost all of my phone interviews have been 30 minutes or less. Thankfully, I worked from home that day, but I wasn't happy about a phone interview being that long.

I didn't find out until the beginning of the phone interview that I was going to be asked technical questions as well. The job description I was sent stated that the phone interview would involve a personality screen and explanation of the role while later rounds would be reserved for more technical questions. After the hiring manager explained the role and asked me behavioral questions, she had two other members of the team ask me technical questions about Java, HTML, and CSS. Even though HTML and CSS were on my resume, I thought it was a waste of time to ask me questions about them because they were irrelevant to the job description.

The next day, I was informed by the delivery manager that the hiring manager decided to go for other candidates because my personality wasn't a good fit.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1 - 10, how would you rate your organizational skills?   Answer Question