North Carolina State University Graduate Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

North Carolina State University Graduate Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Feb 1, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

The interviewer started with basic questions, for eg courses taken in the semester. Then i was asked basic conceptual questions of electrical engineering, as basic as resistance, capacitance, magnetic and electrical fields concepts. I was asked to explain my past work projects and current study projects. Interview lasted 45 minutes and was an good overall experience for me.

Interview Questions

• The questions was regarding one of the concepts on my final year bachelors projects. It was about magnetic field density concept question, which was perplexing and which I didn't expect.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for North Carolina State University

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at North Carolina State University.

Interview

There is no formal interview, but you need to get good grades from the professor you want to work with. He/she will give you a small amount of work and expect you do that. You must be eager to learn about his/her research field and show that you will be available to work for long period of time (a few semesters or years). If you have already had a publication at the same or related field, it is a big plus. However, this all highly depends on the professor, how many students he/she has and his/her funding.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve this algorithm? (his existing research work)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

My professor looked at my past experience, the grade I scored in his course and hired me. Getting a job as a GRA is too easy. Just need to be persistent.

Interview Questions

• Do you think your good at solidworks?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

I heard about the opportunity for a graduate research assistant position in an administrative office on campus through an announcement posted in a listserv. Emailed my materials and was contacted for an interview about two weeks later. Typical interview questions were asked and the interview took about an hour in total. Was offered the job just over a week after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time to you had to navigate an ethical dilemma?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was not given an opportunity to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in June 2013.

Interview

I just walked in my professor's office and talked to him about my previous research and express my interest in joining his lab. He then said he will give me funding and showed me around the lab. He is easy going person but pushes a lot in research. He requires that I need to finish 3 publications during my PhD here. And I got only part RA part TA position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

he offered me the position directly after we talked a little bit.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

Day-long interview with PI and collaborators. I visited the lab, went to lunch with other lab members, attended lab meeting, attended presentations from current graduate students in the department, and met with current graduate students.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North Carolina State University in December 2012.

Interview

as a student, there is no interview, but a self introduction, and the introduction of the whole department. The department head introduced the department courses. Student representative showed us the department events. the meeting was pretty short, about only one hour long

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in May 2012.

Interview

Questions: Interests, previous experience, Resume review, About the subject, Technical round,

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in March 2010.

Interview

Very informal, by invitation and then application. Good to have a particular faculty contact that you have a relationship with and are interested in their work.

Interview Questions

• What is your research interest and who do you want to work with?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable. This is University policy.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in March 2010.

Interview

Applied to Tox program in December and visited department in March. They had a recruitment dinner at Department Head's house. Selected current lab from 3 rotations.

Negotiation

Salary was non-negotiable. It is a graduate stipend.