North Carolina State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job the last week of June. I went on an interview in July. It is now August and no one has reached out about whether or not I will be offered the position but at this point I seriously doubt it. The main issue I have is that they pre-checked my references. This is the first time that this has ever happened to me and it put me in a very awkward position with my current supervisor. Then after my interview they re-advertised the job and didn't bother to let the people who'd been interviewed know that they were no longer under consideration. I think the combination of pre-checking my references and then not having anyone reach out and just let me know I wasn't being considered any longer when the department re-advertised the position (after I'd interviewed) was unprofessional and rather inconsiderate. I totally understand that you don't get an offer for everything that you interview for but lack of communication is unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Reference check question: Where does she sit?   1 Answer

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was very professional, yet comfortable. Ithe flowed more as a conversation than an interview as we discussed research and career goals and what the specific position would mean in the terms of experience. The interview lasted about 45 minutes and the interviewer got back to me as quickly as possible. Overall, very professional.

Interview Questions

• Do you plan on attending a PhD program in the future.   1 Answer

Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at North Carolina State University.

Interview

Asking me the team work, and aptitude, and enthusiasm. And I heard back from them 4 days later. It was an easy going interview no pressure and they treat you well

Accounting Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview took about 30 minutes and they asked a fixed set of questions. The hiring manager never looked me in the eye--she kept her head down focused on the questions the entire time--that was rather disconcerting. The questions weren't difficult but I felt that it was a very poor interview process. No one gave me any information on the hiring timeline and I recently emailed to follow-up--it's been two weeks and they said they'd make a decision within a week and no one responded to me. On the website, it still has my application as "under review". I understand that people are busy but a one or two line email either letting me know that they hired someone else or that the process is taking longer than expected would have been nice.
    Note: this is the 3rd or 4th interview I've been on at NCSU and I haven't had any offers. I'm the first to admit that I'm not perfect but on two occasions they've hired someone younger with MUCH less experience than me. I even called HR and they said they'd look into it and I never heard back from them. That seems shady to me--I have been qualified for every job I've interviewed for and I know that my references were good. I guess at NC State 40 year old's just can't compete with a woman in her 20's. I realize that I sound bitter but to be frank--I am.

Interview Questions

• What types of accounting actions have you performed in the past?   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview. I had applied through my college career services. The company had come to our university for career fair. So it was college recruitment process.

Education Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina State University in September 2015.

Interview

It only took about 1 hr. It was a group interview, a total of six people were sitting there. I was asked to introduce myself, to talk about my previous experience, to talk about my skills. They discussed some skills with me. not much behavior questions were asked. They did not ask too many question in details. The process was as expected, not very difficult, but finally they chose another candidate with more experience.

Teaching Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by the department head and two professors. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. Everyone was very cordial and professional.The interview consisted of questions and discussion surrounding my answers.

Center Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

Submitted an application online for a position at NC State in Raleigh, NC. Received a request several weeks later for a Skype interview. Pleasant experience, no tricks. Did not hear back for several more weeks.

Interview Questions

• Very straightforward, basic interview questions (ie. what is your interest in the position, what experiences relate to the work responsibilities)   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Scholar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

They ask me give a talk about my research. I visit their group and talked with lab manager for ten minutes, then he showed me the work environment. I give them a presentation for one hour, and they ask me some questions. At last, the manager talked with me again and give me some advice.

Accounting Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

I received a call if I could come in for an interview because I was out of town I suggest a Skype, FaceTime, or other video chat method. They worked with me, but because their wifi connection was not great it did end up being a phone interview. There were three people that was in on the call, all rotated questioning. Most of the question did come from the subject of "Name a time when..." or "What would you did if ____ was to occur?"

Interview Questions

• How do you manage multi tasking?
      Are you good with deadline?
      Explain situations from your last employer.
      What is your five year plan?
      What are your strengths and weakness?
      How well do you work with other?
      If you see someone slacking off what would you do?
      They then asked you if you had any questions?   Answer Question