North Carolina State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 20, 2017

2.6

Digital Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone screen interview came from a girl who sounded like she was barely 17 years old; hardly old enough to conduct a serious job interview for an intermediate to middle management level position. This child repeatedly asked me the most inane questions - questions that are clearly there on the resume in front of her, that is IF she had bothered to even read it. Then made excuses for her lack of knowledge such as 'sorry, your resume was just now put in front of me.' Oh really? Because it's Monday now and you called me on Friday at 4:45pm (who calls to conduct new business at nearly 5pm on a Friday???) to schedule this phone interview. Then to top it off, this child began touting all the wonderful things about the position - things like a "really cool" cafeteria where you can get "free peanut butter and jelly sandwiches". No mention about the health benefits, the 401K, or any of the kind of important perks we actually NEED. I got so disgusted I interrupted the child in the middle of her gushing about pb&j sandwiches and told her she was wasting my time and hung up.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Resume is selected and graded from over one hundred applicants. You are selected for a phone interview that is conducted via a search committee. If selected to interview, the process is a day long process that includes an interview by the committee, one-on-one interviews with stakeholders, and group presentation on a preselected topic.

Interview Questions

• Are you a cat or a dog person? This was an actual question.   Answer Question

CA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ralls, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Ralls, TX) in May 2009.

Interview

it was a very good interview.highly demanding and lots of tricky questions. It was very difficult.. It was very difficult and tough.. It was very difficult. It was very difficult. It was very difficult

GRA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in December 2014.

Interview

They ll try and get to know a person through coursework or through free research contribution. If its through course work show your A grades. If through, research contribution work as if you are getting paid.

Interview Questions

• What is your work experience? Fields interested (There should be good overlap with what the professor is working on currently)   1 Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

Day-long interview with PI and collaborators. I visited the lab, went to lunch with other lab members, attended lab meeting, attended presentations from current graduate students in the department, and met with current graduate students.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

The interviewer started with basic questions, for eg courses taken in the semester. Then i was asked basic conceptual questions of electrical engineering, as basic as resistance, capacitance, magnetic and electrical fields concepts. I was asked to explain my past work projects and current study projects. Interview lasted 45 minutes and was an good overall experience for me.

Interview Questions

• The questions was regarding one of the concepts on my final year bachelors projects. It was about magnetic field density concept question, which was perplexing and which I didn't expect.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Malvern, PA) in November 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview that lead to an onsite interview. Onsite interview was mostly technical but also behavioral. Intuitively I felt that there was a need that I matches the requirement.

Interview Questions

• How do you go about designing a email account   1 Answer

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

The first step was a phone screening with 2 members of the search committee. Then there was an in-person interview. It was a full day interview that included meeting 6 groups of people - a total of 27 people. It was valuable to meet a lot of stakeholders and I was asked questions from a lot of perspectives.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What is your proudest accomplishment?
      Describe a time when you had a conflict.
      Why are you interested in this position?
      Why are you interested in this organization?
      How would you approach managing technologies with which you are not experienced?   Answer Question

Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at North Carolina State University.

Interview

Asking me the team work, and aptitude, and enthusiasm. And I heard back from them 4 days later. It was an easy going interview no pressure and they treat you well

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in May 2011.

Interview

This interview process began with submitting a CV, a coverletter, and additional writing about teaching and research goals. Chosen candidates received phone interviews to get more information not found in the application package. Candidates where then flown out for a one day interview with one-on-ones with department heads, college administration, a search committee, and presentations to students and to the departmental faculty. Meals were informal discussions with faculty and they shared about the excellent work environment at NCSU.