North Carolina State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was very professional, yet comfortable. Ithe flowed more as a conversation than an interview as we discussed research and career goals and what the specific position would mean in the terms of experience. The interview lasted about 45 minutes and the interviewer got back to me as quickly as possible. Overall, very professional.

Interview Questions

• Do you plan on attending a PhD program in the future.   1 Answer

Education Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina State University in September 2015.

Interview

It only took about 1 hr. It was a group interview, a total of six people were sitting there. I was asked to introduce myself, to talk about my previous experience, to talk about my skills. They discussed some skills with me. not much behavior questions were asked. They did not ask too many question in details. The process was as expected, not very difficult, but finally they chose another candidate with more experience.

Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at North Carolina State University.

Interview

Asking me the team work, and aptitude, and enthusiasm. And I heard back from them 4 days later. It was an easy going interview no pressure and they treat you well

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied via email; got phone call to meet the team in person. Went in for interview, never heard back, not even a "nope." The questions were very stilted, the lead interviewer was stiff and unfriendly, the other team members seemed more relaxed.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very canned and stuffy; nothing organic. It was an extremely weird interview. Asked things that led me to believe previous staff had issues. Like, "How would you handle an irate customer who is high up on the food chain?"   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview. I had applied through my college career services. The company had come to our university for career fair. So it was college recruitment process.

Accounting Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview took about 30 minutes and they asked a fixed set of questions. The hiring manager never looked me in the eye--she kept her head down focused on the questions the entire time--that was rather disconcerting. The questions weren't difficult but I felt that it was a very poor interview process. No one gave me any information on the hiring timeline and I recently emailed to follow-up--it's been two weeks and they said they'd make a decision within a week and no one responded to me. On the website, it still has my application as "under review". I understand that people are busy but a one or two line email either letting me know that they hired someone else or that the process is taking longer than expected would have been nice.
    Note: this is the 3rd or 4th interview I've been on at NCSU and I haven't had any offers. I'm the first to admit that I'm not perfect but on two occasions they've hired someone younger with MUCH less experience than me. I even called HR and they said they'd look into it and I never heard back from them. That seems shady to me--I have been qualified for every job I've interviewed for and I know that my references were good. I guess at NC State 40 year old's just can't compete with a woman in her 20's. I realize that I sound bitter but to be frank--I am.

Interview Questions

• What types of accounting actions have you performed in the past?   1 Answer

Center Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

Submitted an application online for a position at NC State in Raleigh, NC. Received a request several weeks later for a Skype interview. Pleasant experience, no tricks. Did not hear back for several more weeks.

Interview Questions

• Very straightforward, basic interview questions (ie. what is your interest in the position, what experiences relate to the work responsibilities)   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Scholar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

They ask me give a talk about my research. I visit their group and talked with lab manager for ten minutes, then he showed me the work environment. I give them a presentation for one hour, and they ask me some questions. At last, the manager talked with me again and give me some advice.

Teaching Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by the department head and two professors. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. Everyone was very cordial and professional.The interview consisted of questions and discussion surrounding my answers.

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Beware - backwards process. Hiring manager requested an interview with me; however, a background check and reference check had to be cleared first. I went in to fill out paperwork and speak with a general screening manager within the institution. After positive references and a cleared background check were complete, I never heard from them again. The screening manager said that the position was eventually filled. I never received an opportunity to meet with the hiring manager after all my personal information and references were tapped and stored in their database/filing system. The process was discouraging and a waste of time for not only myself, but my professional colleagues who dropped everything to deliver positive reviews with quick turnaround on my part. More over, it has been difficult to explain the negligence to my colleagues as they felt the position was a great fit.