North Carolina State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 6, 2017

2.6

108 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at North Carolina State University.

Interview

I met with three people - a professor, a research assistant, and an administrator, for about an hour. The position was an exciting one, but they also wanted the position to do a lot of different things and be extremely independent.

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with manager and supervisor. Went over my resume and asked about 15 questions about myself, education and experience. Showed me around the facility and got an email for an offer about 2 weeks later.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

fairly easy if you have the right background. I interviewed only with 1 person who would be my boss. They like to meet you to get a feel for who you are, other than that, if you have the right credentials it should be a breeze

Interview Questions

• how can you contribute from day 1?   1 Answer

Extension Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview focused on questions that were listed when I applied on the NCSU page. I had my interview with lead investigator and two staff. Interview involved a presentation and then follow-up questions. It lasted a little over an hour. I was given a job offer a month or so later. It took quite a while to hear from them initially.

Interview Questions

• Same questions as online when you apply.   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job the last week of June. I went on an interview in July. It is now August and no one has reached out about whether or not I will be offered the position but at this point I seriously doubt it. The main issue I have is that they pre-checked my references. This is the first time that this has ever happened to me and it put me in a very awkward position with my current supervisor. Then after my interview they re-advertised the job and didn't bother to let the people who'd been interviewed know that they were no longer under consideration. I think the combination of pre-checking my references and then not having anyone reach out and just let me know I wasn't being considered any longer when the department re-advertised the position (after I'd interviewed) was unprofessional and rather inconsiderate. I totally understand that you don't get an offer for everything that you interview for but lack of communication is unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Reference check question: Where does she sit?   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

It was Ok, relaxing. It lasted for about an hour. There were several questions asked by the PI, and explanations about the ongoing project. After, I was offered the job, and the we discussed about a possible collaboration with other groups.

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

Was very Quick process in the beginning after my initial in person interview there was a couple weeks lapse before I heard anything back regarding the position. I was then contacted for the position in which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• How to handle Difficult Clients?   1 Answer

Building Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in March 2014.

Interview

Quick interview. Ask a lot of the basic questions. What makes you a leader? Why do you want to be a building manager? Met with several different people and they all had their interview questions. It was a very relaxed setting. The staff was nice.

GRA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in December 2014.

Interview

They ll try and get to know a person through coursework or through free research contribution. If its through course work show your A grades. If through, research contribution work as if you are getting paid.

Interview Questions

• What is your work experience? Fields interested (There should be good overlap with what the professor is working on currently)   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

I just went through a normal in-person interview with my PI to figure out how we can be mutually beneficial to each other. We discussed how my background, which was completely different than the program I was applying into, can help me succeed in the current role.

Interview Questions

• What is your long term goal?   1 Answer