North Carolina State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

North Carolina State University Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at North Carolina State University.

Interview

There is no formal interview, but you need to get good grades from the professor you want to work with. He/she will give you a small amount of work and expect you do that. You must be eager to learn about his/her research field and show that you will be available to work for long period of time (a few semesters or years). If you have already had a publication at the same or related field, it is a big plus. However, this all highly depends on the professor, how many students he/she has and his/her funding.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve this algorithm? (his existing research work)   Answer Question

Resident Mentor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at North Carolina State University in January 2016.

Interview

The hiring and interview process aren't too bad. The questions are basic and try to learn about your dealings with leadership in the residence halls. It seems to mainly serve to get you acquainted with interviews—most applicants get an interview regardless of how good their initial interviews were.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you showed leadership in your residence hall.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at North Carolina State University.

Interview

You can apply through NC State or schedule an interview through email. After you reach the sit-down phase of the interview process, it is followed by meetings with other marketing professionals in the company.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

There was a programming interview in CSS, HTML and python. I had to write code on paper. The test should be easy to everyone who is comfortable working with front end frameworks.

Interview Questions

• How would you modify the layout to look like this?
      Basic questions in python and HTML
      Answer Question

Purchasing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quite pleasant. I was able to meet many people that I'd be interacting with on a normal basis. Interview and tour last around 3 hours long.

Interview Questions

• Q: Are the the type of person that informs management before making a decision?   1 Answer

Administrative Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Committee Panel for an administrative position which was really odd. Honestly, the interview could have been completed by one or two people. Be prepared to have multiple people staring you down when you answer your questions. Not very inviting.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with the position? What experience do you have with Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint? What do you know about the organization? What are the pros and cons of the position? Name a time when you got behind on a deadline? How do you keep organized? Name a time when you have had an interpersonal conflict?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina State University in September 2015.

Interview

I applied for the International Admissions Evaluator role 30+ days prior to being contacted for an initial phone interview. During the phone interview, I was asked four questions and had an opportunity to ask questions. The interviewers were very nice. I was instructed that the next stage includes an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you provide an example where you completed a detailed project?   Answer Question

Accounting Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview took about 30 minutes and they asked a fixed set of questions. The hiring manager never looked me in the eye--she kept her head down focused on the questions the entire time--that was rather disconcerting. The questions weren't difficult but I felt that it was a very poor interview process. No one gave me any information on the hiring timeline and I recently emailed to follow-up--it's been two weeks and they said they'd make a decision within a week and no one responded to me. On the website, it still has my application as "under review". I understand that people are busy but a one or two line email either letting me know that they hired someone else or that the process is taking longer than expected would have been nice.
    Note: this is the 3rd or 4th interview I've been on at NCSU and I haven't had any offers. I'm the first to admit that I'm not perfect but on two occasions they've hired someone younger with MUCH less experience than me. I even called HR and they said they'd look into it and I never heard back from them. That seems shady to me--I have been qualified for every job I've interviewed for and I know that my references were good. I guess at NC State 40 year old's just can't compete with a woman in her 20's. I realize that I sound bitter but to be frank--I am.

Interview Questions

• What types of accounting actions have you performed in the past?   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview. I had applied through my college career services. The company had come to our university for career fair. So it was college recruitment process.

Cater Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy interview. Applies online, got an email saying would like to have an on-site interview at Talley Student Center; arranged a meeting time in the morning; got there and leaded by the event coordinator to their office on the ground floor. Just a couple of standard questions and then got offer immediately.