North Carolina State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

North Carolina State University Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at North Carolina State University.

Interview

No interview, I got TA position when I got accepted to the program. Beside GRE results, I had to submit motivation letter and resume. The letter showed why I am the perfect fit, how will I contribute from the program and how will the program contribute from me.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North Carolina State University in January 2015.

Interview

Signed up for this option while applying for the program, and got selected for GTA as well. There was really no interview for this position, I guess it depended on my motivational letter I submitted as a part of application.

Resident Mentor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at North Carolina State University in January 2016.

Interview

The hiring and interview process aren't too bad. The questions are basic and try to learn about your dealings with leadership in the residence halls. It seems to mainly serve to get you acquainted with interviews—most applicants get an interview regardless of how good their initial interviews were.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you showed leadership in your residence hall.   Answer Question

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was very professional, yet comfortable. Ithe flowed more as a conversation than an interview as we discussed research and career goals and what the specific position would mean in the terms of experience. The interview lasted about 45 minutes and the interviewer got back to me as quickly as possible. Overall, very professional.

Interview Questions

• Do you plan on attending a PhD program in the future.   1 Answer

Education Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina State University in September 2015.

Interview

It only took about 1 hr. It was a group interview, a total of six people were sitting there. I was asked to introduce myself, to talk about my previous experience, to talk about my skills. They discussed some skills with me. not much behavior questions were asked. They did not ask too many question in details. The process was as expected, not very difficult, but finally they chose another candidate with more experience.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

Day-long interview with PI and collaborators. I visited the lab, went to lunch with other lab members, attended lab meeting, attended presentations from current graduate students in the department, and met with current graduate students.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

The interviewer started with basic questions, for eg courses taken in the semester. Then i was asked basic conceptual questions of electrical engineering, as basic as resistance, capacitance, magnetic and electrical fields concepts. I was asked to explain my past work projects and current study projects. Interview lasted 45 minutes and was an good overall experience for me.

Interview Questions

• The questions was regarding one of the concepts on my final year bachelors projects. It was about magnetic field density concept question, which was perplexing and which I didn't expect.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Malvern, PA) in November 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview that lead to an onsite interview. Onsite interview was mostly technical but also behavioral. Intuitively I felt that there was a need that I matches the requirement.

Interview Questions

• How do you go about designing a email account   1 Answer

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

They had a very quick response to application. Typical interview questions and very friendly interviewer. The questions felt fair and the interviewer very quickly indicated whether they were intent on hiring you.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to deal with a difficult coworker?   Answer Question

Doorman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Easy for job to get and try but sucks when it comes to personality and explanation. Great place to work on a empty budget. I have to type 30 words here I wonder if this will be thirty shots