North Carolina State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 12, 2017

2.6

Cater Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy interview. Applies online, got an email saying would like to have an on-site interview at Talley Student Center; arranged a meeting time in the morning; got there and leaded by the event coordinator to their office on the ground floor. Just a couple of standard questions and then got offer immediately.

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

The first step was a phone screening with 2 members of the search committee. Then there was an in-person interview. It was a full day interview that included meeting 6 groups of people - a total of 27 people. It was valuable to meet a lot of stakeholders and I was asked questions from a lot of perspectives.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What is your proudest accomplishment?
      Describe a time when you had a conflict.
      Why are you interested in this position?
      Why are you interested in this organization?
      How would you approach managing technologies with which you are not experienced?
      Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North Carolina State University in December 2012.

Interview

as a student, there is no interview, but a self introduction, and the introduction of the whole department. The department head introduced the department courses. Student representative showed us the department events. the meeting was pretty short, about only one hour long

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at North Carolina State University.

Interview

There was no interview. I am simply writing this because I want to look at the reviews for other jobs on this site. You start out making like 8.50 and if you do enough of the training hours and tutor for enough hours, then you can make more. It tops out at around 11.50 or something like that. I quit because it's not all that great and can be frustrating.

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

I got connected to a professor through a grad student. Interview was brief and super informal. The professor asked a few technical question regarding Matlab and basic statistics. I guess for undergrad research they care much more about your motivation than previous experience. Just make sure you get things straight early on about stipend and funding opportunities.

MBA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

First you have to take the GMAT. If you can, get it waved (check out the website for details) because it really speeds up the whole process. When filling out your application, make sure you carefully craft your essays, personal statements, and letter recommendations. These things really matter. Do your homework. After you submit the application, wait a month until they ask you to interview. It can be in person or online. It took 30 min. They asked 10 questions and allowed me to ask questions as well.

Interview Questions

Decided to pursue a different job.

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

First, few tech questions in theory are asked; it's like a professional background check; the questions are basic but a little bit hard. Then, ask experience in details, mainly on research interest and courses taken. Finally, a small test, which is more like a quiz. The decision of hiring is made very quickly.

Technology Architect Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at North Carolina State University in March 2012.

Interview

I became aware of this position on the Windows highered email list. First interview was via Skype, and lasted around 2 hours. It was a held by a panel of technology stakeholders.

Main interview was pretty much all day, meeting with technology teams from around the University - typical higher education interview for a enterprise technology role. All aspects were covered - technology skills, communication skills, conflict resolution, etc.

Interview Questions

• My favorite was "describe your general work demeanor".   1 Answer

Software License Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

Found the job on ePack and applied. I was replied to via email and asked to do a small sample of work. They then told me they would like to invite me for an interview and I did so in the next few business days. The interview was with both managers of the department. They both asked questions and then told me they were interviewing one other person but would get back to me within the next day.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about some of the stuff I put on my resume (mostly previous work experience & how it could be applied now), asked about current skills I have and about general work ethic   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at North Carolina State University.

Interview

There is no formal interview, but you need to get good grades from the professor you want to work with. He/she will give you a small amount of work and expect you do that. You must be eager to learn about his/her research field and show that you will be available to work for long period of time (a few semesters or years). If you have already had a publication at the same or related field, it is a big plus. However, this all highly depends on the professor, how many students he/she has and his/her funding.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve this algorithm? (his existing research work)   Answer Question