North Carolina State University Interview Questions in Raleigh, NC | Glassdoor

2.5

66 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was very professional, yet comfortable. Ithe flowed more as a conversation than an interview as we discussed research and career goals and what the specific position would mean in the terms of experience. The interview lasted about 45 minutes and the interviewer got back to me as quickly as possible. Overall, very professional.

Interview Questions

• Do you plan on attending a PhD program in the future.   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

I just went through a normal in-person interview with my PI to figure out how we can be mutually beneficial to each other. We discussed how my background, which was completely different than the program I was applying into, can help me succeed in the current role.

Interview Questions

• What is your long term goal?   1 Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

The interviewer started with basic questions, for eg courses taken in the semester. Then i was asked basic conceptual questions of electrical engineering, as basic as resistance, capacitance, magnetic and electrical fields concepts. I was asked to explain my past work projects and current study projects. Interview lasted 45 minutes and was an good overall experience for me.

Interview Questions

• The questions was regarding one of the concepts on my final year bachelors projects. It was about magnetic field density concept question, which was perplexing and which I didn't expect.   Answer Question

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

Was very Quick process in the beginning after my initial in person interview there was a couple weeks lapse before I heard anything back regarding the position. I was then contacted for the position in which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• How to handle Difficult Clients?   1 Answer

MBA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

First you have to take the GMAT. If you can, get it waved (check out the website for details) because it really speeds up the whole process. When filling out your application, make sure you carefully craft your essays, personal statements, and letter recommendations. These things really matter. Do your homework. After you submit the application, wait a month until they ask you to interview. It can be in person or online. It took 30 min. They asked 10 questions and allowed me to ask questions as well.

Interview Questions

Decided to pursue a different job.

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

The first step was a phone screening with 2 members of the search committee. Then there was an in-person interview. It was a full day interview that included meeting 6 groups of people - a total of 27 people. It was valuable to meet a lot of stakeholders and I was asked questions from a lot of perspectives.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What is your proudest accomplishment?
      Describe a time when you had a conflict.
      Why are you interested in this position?
      Why are you interested in this organization?
      How would you approach managing technologies with which you are not experienced?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

There was a programming interview in CSS, HTML and python. I had to write code on paper. The test should be easy to everyone who is comfortable working with front end frameworks.

Interview Questions

• How would you modify the layout to look like this?
      Basic questions in python and HTML   Answer Question

Purchasing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quite pleasant. I was able to meet many people that I'd be interacting with on a normal basis. Interview and tour last around 3 hours long.

Interview Questions

• Q: Are the the type of person that informs management before making a decision?   1 Answer

Administrative Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Committee Panel for an administrative position which was really odd. Honestly, the interview could have been completed by one or two people. Be prepared to have multiple people staring you down when you answer your questions. Not very inviting.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with the position? What experience do you have with Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint? What do you know about the organization? What are the pros and cons of the position? Name a time when you got behind on a deadline? How do you keep organized? Name a time when you have had an interpersonal conflict?   Answer Question

Accounting Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview took about 30 minutes and they asked a fixed set of questions. The hiring manager never looked me in the eye--she kept her head down focused on the questions the entire time--that was rather disconcerting. The questions weren't difficult but I felt that it was a very poor interview process. No one gave me any information on the hiring timeline and I recently emailed to follow-up--it's been two weeks and they said they'd make a decision within a week and no one responded to me. On the website, it still has my application as "under review". I understand that people are busy but a one or two line email either letting me know that they hired someone else or that the process is taking longer than expected would have been nice.
    Note: this is the 3rd or 4th interview I've been on at NCSU and I haven't had any offers. I'm the first to admit that I'm not perfect but on two occasions they've hired someone younger with MUCH less experience than me. I even called HR and they said they'd look into it and I never heard back from them. That seems shady to me--I have been qualified for every job I've interviewed for and I know that my references were good. I guess at NC State 40 year old's just can't compete with a woman in her 20's. I realize that I sound bitter but to be frank--I am.

Interview Questions

• What types of accounting actions have you performed in the past?   1 Answer