North Dakota State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.5

Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at North Dakota State University (Fargo, ND) in January 2013.

Interview

I was greeted by the chair of the hiring committee, and she led me into the room where I was to be interviewed. It was a conference room- style interview with multiple library departments represented. There were at least seven employees asking me questions.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply at North Dakota State University.   1 Answer

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at North Dakota State University.

Interview

One interview with search committee of 7 individuals. Each takes turn asking questions and rates candidates, making a recommendation to the Director who has the final decision authority.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did negotiate while traveling on a business trip. Salary decisions where limited by Directors authority so a long process. I received more than offered however less than asked for.

IT Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at North Dakota State University (Fargo, ND) in October 2014.

Interview

You will have an application process then an one on one interview. They will ask you questions about your technology background and what if situations. They also ask about the hours that you will be able to work for them. Then they will run you through a background check and some more checks before giving you a decision.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a computer won't turn on?   1 Answer

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at North Dakota State University (Fargo, ND) in March 2014.

Interview

1 on 1 interview then group interviews. I don't have much else to say because the interview process was straight forward and most people would not go on here to look for job information for a resident assistant job.

Interview Questions

• How did you react in an emergency situation you were in?   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at North Dakota State University (Fargo, ND) in August 2012.

Interview

the interview process is very simple. You have to find out the position online and meet the minimum qualification.After applications are reviewed by the department, interview is being arranged. The knowledge on previous working or research experience is being evaluated in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a story of failure in your life? If yes, Can you share your learning from that experience?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at North Dakota State University in July 2014.

Interview

Application via email. Interview via skype for international students. Otherwise in person meeting. Several employer took interview but in a friendly way. It was kind of conversation using online media.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to use this program?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation. Good offer. Accepted it.

Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at North Dakota State University (Fargo, ND) in February 2012.

Interview

I was a grad student at the time and was the only person that applied to this position. The search committee was my doctoral committee plus a couple of colleagues. Although I knew I would get the job, they still conducted a very formal interview. Everyone was very professional but personal. I really appreciated this. I have been on 2 search committees for faculty positions and can say this is the norm in my department. I really like the way we conduct interviews here.

Interview Questions

• This was my first interview and I didn't know what to expect. There were not off-the-wall type of questions, but I remember being challenged. The most annoying question for me is always where do you see yourself in 10 years....   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North Dakota State University (Fargo, ND) in March 2011.

Interview

just a phone interview and asked my previous working experiences

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at North Dakota State University in June 2010.

Interview

phone, behavioral, technical

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North Dakota State University in March 2009.

Interview

I first had a phone interview from the department. Then after two weeks I was contacted to set up an onsite interview. The onsite interview is one day, including a presentation in the morning and 1:1 interview with each of the faculty members in the department. The people there are very nice.

Interview Questions

• questions related to statistical aspects in my presentation   Answer Question