North Dakota State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

North Dakota State University Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.5

Intern Interview

Interview

Intern programming position at the university. Basic questions regarding process's and threads and databases. One white board question which involved using a linked list. Overall the interviewer was very nice and friendly. The manager liked me but thought I would fit better with a different group so I was shipped over to them.

Interview Questions

• Implemented a insertion / deletion / search on a linked list.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at North Dakota State University.

Interview

Said the dean of engineering: "why do you even bother putting that on your resume?" In reference to applicant's college degree.

Interview Questions

• That --^ It caught me off guard, because it was surprisingly insulting.   1 Answer

Negotiation

the university was unwilling to negotiate my salary with me.

SALES CLERK Interview

Interview

A very simple interview process. First, send in your application then you will get a phone call to set up an interview and then, well.... that is about it.

Interview Questions

• Have you read the employee hand book?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at North Dakota State University.

Interview

I never got interviewed as I was a former student at NDSU. I was working in the same lab as a lab assistant before, so every one knew me.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at North Dakota State University (Fargo, ND) in March 2009.

Interview

Interviewed by some incompetent senior scientist. Most questions were very basic and not to my level of education and experience.

Received the phone call after two months.

Interview Questions

• Mostly general and some technical related to my subject.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary negotiation went well and settle on a mutually agreeable salary.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at North Dakota State University (Fargo, ND) in May 2009.

Interview

No interview needed for this position. I got it based on my resume and transcript. I have talked to one of the in a conference and later by phone. They just need to see if you fit or not. If you do not they simply replace you with somebody else.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at North Dakota State University in January 2011.

Interview

Got an email. Applied directly to Adviser. After that apply online to the university. Write cover letter, write resume, write statement of purpose, also submitted Test of English as a Foreign Language or TOEFL score and Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score.

Resident Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at North Dakota State University.

Interview

For this position, you apply for the position. There is a group interview and an individual interview. Everyone who applies gets to participate in both interviews. Both the hall directors and the current Resident Assistants will be observing the candidates so it's important to act professionally but not feel too pressured.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of the interview is the group interview.   1 Answer
    • The second part of the interview process is the individual interview. This is like a traditional interview. You will be interviewed by one or two hall directors and possible a current Resident Assistant.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Resident Assistants get hired based on who would be a good fit for the different halls. You don't have an option to pick which hall you work in (the only chance you have to pick you hall is during the interview when they ask you where you would prefer to be) or how much you are paid.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at North Dakota State University in May 2011.

Interview

I didn't have any for this position. I was going to be a PhD student so didn't have to go through an interview. As a PhD student, the university didn't require such a thing. So i didn't have an interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't have sucha athing

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North Dakota State University (Fargo, ND) in August 2014.

Interview

Just like most other interviews except more fun, engaging, and personal. The person conducting the interview asked questions that actually seem to be relevant to the job and work place, as well as help her to understand you as a person. She was very charismatic and friendly which made the interview go more smoothly and relieved my nerves.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do with your life, like in the long run?   Answer Question