North Dakota State University Interview Questions in North Dakota | Glassdoor

2.5

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IT Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at North Dakota State University (Fargo, ND) in October 2014.

Interview

You will have an application process then an one on one interview. They will ask you questions about your technology background and what if situations. They also ask about the hours that you will be able to work for them. Then they will run you through a background check and some more checks before giving you a decision.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a computer won't turn on?   1 Answer

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North Dakota State University (Fargo, ND) in August 2014.

Interview

Just like most other interviews except more fun, engaging, and personal. The person conducting the interview asked questions that actually seem to be relevant to the job and work place, as well as help her to understand you as a person. She was very charismatic and friendly which made the interview go more smoothly and relieved my nerves.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do with your life, like in the long run?   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

it was a direct interview with the professor.few questions about the courses like what knowledge do we have about the course and what kind of questions that we might expect form the students,about the courses I need to grade.need to have the basic knowledge on the courses.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about functions, mapping between sets,etc?   Answer Question

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at North Dakota State University (Fargo, ND) in March 2014.

Interview

1 on 1 interview then group interviews. I don't have much else to say because the interview process was straight forward and most people would not go on here to look for job information for a resident assistant job.

Interview Questions

• How did you react in an emergency situation you were in?   Answer Question

Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at North Dakota State University (Fargo, ND) in January 2013.

Interview

I was greeted by the chair of the hiring committee, and she led me into the room where I was to be interviewed. It was a conference room- style interview with multiple library departments represented. There were at least seven employees asking me questions.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply at North Dakota State University.   1 Answer

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at North Dakota State University (Fargo, ND) in August 2012.

Interview

the interview process is very simple. You have to find out the position online and meet the minimum qualification.After applications are reviewed by the department, interview is being arranged. The knowledge on previous working or research experience is being evaluated in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a story of failure in your life? If yes, Can you share your learning from that experience?   Answer Question

Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at North Dakota State University (Fargo, ND) in February 2012.

Interview

I was a grad student at the time and was the only person that applied to this position. The search committee was my doctoral committee plus a couple of colleagues. Although I knew I would get the job, they still conducted a very formal interview. Everyone was very professional but personal. I really appreciated this. I have been on 2 search committees for faculty positions and can say this is the norm in my department. I really like the way we conduct interviews here.

Interview Questions

• This was my first interview and I didn't know what to expect. There were not off-the-wall type of questions, but I remember being challenged. The most annoying question for me is always where do you see yourself in 10 years....   Answer Question

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North Dakota State University (Fargo, ND) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview was informal in the department chair's office. We briefly talked about my CV and schedule. I was asked how many students I would be comfortable teaching at one time. I was asked if I wanted to participate in any committees or other department meetings but was made aware that it was not a requirement.

Interview Questions

• Do you need an office? Do you need a computer lab?   1 Answer

Negotiation

non-negotiable. NDSU has a per-credit-hour flat fee for adjunct instructors.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North Dakota State University (Fargo, ND) in March 2011.

Interview

just a phone interview and asked my previous working experiences

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at North Dakota State University (Fargo, ND) in May 2009.

Interview

No interview needed for this position. I got it based on my resume and transcript. I have talked to one of the in a conference and later by phone. They just need to see if you fit or not. If you do not they simply replace you with somebody else.