North Highland Management Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at North Highland (Arlington, VA) in January 2011.

Interview

Long interview process - initially presented to management team along with all other candidates. This was followed by numerous phone interviews, then 1:1 in person interview (2-3 months in at this point). When recommended to go forward asked to complete intelligence, and personality tests and then come in for series of 1:1 interviews with different purposes of each. This was followed by offer - only about a week after completing testing and interviews. Interview were all "friendly"; people spoken with seemed to have sincere interest in getting to know candidate. Culture and office environment very similar to major consulting firms with main difference of client/engagement focus being local.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview questions tended to be specific to details of experience relevant to firm's project needs   Answer Question
  • In person 1:1 interviews were more conversational. Interview geared to personality fit more specific situational questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Compensation structure is very complex with numerous bonus opportunities employees are expected to achieve that supplement base salary. if there is basis for negotiation one should do so. Firm will decide level at time of offer but seems interest is for prospective employee to be satisfied and feel right with offer so they will accept.

Other Interview Reviews for North Highland

Management Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at North Highland in October 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to interview with a firm, and had the initital phone interview.

A week later, I had an interview at the office with the firm's recruiting manager, where we went over my resume and discussed salary. I was told that they would bring me back in a week or two to meet more senior client service professionals. Two weeks went by, I emailed and phone the person I met with in person, and never heard back. Then I got an email from the recruiter saying they found someone else that meets their needs.

I get the sense they do staff augmentation, and not consulting.

Interview Questions