North Highland Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 8, 2017

2.8

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at North Highland (Portland, OR).

Interview

Three interviews: recruiter, then colleague, then half-day case study. The case study was set up poorly, and resulted in a subjective decision. The rest of the process was standard for professional services consulting.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for North Highland

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at North Highland.

Interview

The interview process was easy, but the spacing between rounds of interviews was rather drawn out. The format was basic behavioral interview questions with no case questions. After going through he entire interview process I received an offer. However, the offer was for a contractor position (not what I applied for) and I was told that the firm decided not to hire the position I had applied for. What a waste of time. Would not recommend the firm.

Interview Questions

Position I was offered was a contractor role that I did not apply for. I was informed that the firm decided not to fill the full time role for which I applied. The process seemed like a bait and switch.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at North Highland (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

The first individual who interviewed me was friendly, outgoing and generally interested in my background and skill set. However, my interview quickly went down hill when a gentlemen from a southern office came in to interview me. Everything was about him: how much he did for his clients, how much money he contributes to the office, etc. I struggled to get a word in at all. It seemed he was more infatuated with himself and telling me how young he was and how he practically runs the office. Very awkward situation so I simply sat and listened to him talk all about himself for 45mins...

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at North Highland (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Call one - Screening call with recruiter
    Call two - Culture fit call
    In person interview 1 - client work
    In person interview 2 -
    In person interview 3
    Offer from recruiter

Interview Questions

• Walk the interviewer through my resume and experience
      - scenario based questions
      - client related questions
      - career goals   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at North Highland (Charlotte, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

I received a message in the my LinkedIn mailbox. I follow up and had a call scheduled with the HR person. The call went well and I was told that I would be brought in for a final interview the next week. However, I had to reach back out and my interview was schedule about a month later. Then right before the interview one of my interviewers could not make it. So I went and interviewed with 2 people. The interview was simple behavioral questions. Then 2 weeks later a had an interview with the last person. It was the partner of the practice group. He showed up like 20 minutes late, ate through the interview and seemed disinterested. I had that final interview about 2 months ago and I still not heard back from them. Overall it was a horrible experience from start to finish. Even if I had received an offer I would not have accepted.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at North Highland in October 2015.

Interview

Campus Interview. 2 (back to back) 45 min sessions. Mostly behavioral style questions. Local office interview same format.
    Tell me about a time when...
    What is your biggest strength...
    what is your biggest weakness...

Interview Questions

• Examples of Project Management, work styles and functional experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at North Highland (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

Overall the interview process was very positive. The HR team conducted an initial phone screen, then helped me prepare for my follow on interviews. North Highland traditionally recruits seasoned consultants, but they are interested in bringing in candidates with diverse experiences to round out their consulting team. The staff was very positive about the future of the company and the balance between work and family life.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North Highland (Kissimmee, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Basis phone interview. The first step in being hired. Recruiter stated my resume would be send to one of the managers for review and possible call back. Stated they had to fill 3-4 posyions to people who had left company.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at North Highland (Charlotte, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Professional, and very specific. Interview with potential clients, executive, program manager director and portfolio management. Scenario based interviews. Language based questions as the position required to be fluent in Spanish.

Interview Questions

• Experience, Processes, Technology, Relationship Management, Management, PMO, Finance Management, Language Fluency   1 Answer

Negotiation

Professional, there was an agreement on the benefits from the start.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at North Highland (Basking Ridge, NJ).

Interview

This interview process was by far the longest and most un-orderly interview process that I have had to date. While I spoke with some highly competent and talented individuals inside of the company, I would urge senior management to re-evaluate and streamline the hiring process.

Late in October 2013, I was contacted by a Sr. Recruiter from inside of the company who conducted a standard phone interview. Shortly thereafter in November 2013, I was put in contact with another Sr. Recruiter who conducted an additional phone interview; he remained my main point of contact throughout the entire interviewing process. After this conversation, I was sent an email to complete an employment application which I completed in its entirety (I was sent two additional emails in June 2014 and October 2014 to complete this same application). Due to the holiday season and as could be expected, my next set of interviews weren't scheduled until January 2014. From January 2014 until October 2014 I spoke with 11 people from the firm in total (2 VP's, 2 talent acquisition members, 3 Senior Consultants, 2 Principal Consultant and 2 Senior Managers) which included 2 in person interviews and 9 phone conversations. I was also sent an email in January 2014 to complete a cultural assessment, which I completed in its entirety. I was sent another email in October 2014 to complete this same cultural assessment.

Throughout the process, I mainly initiated contact to remain on top of my application and the process. The recruiter who was my main point of contact was great with responding to my inquiries immediately but not with initiating contact. I was met with responses such as "will see about keeping the interview process flowing", "we remain very interested", "working with senior leadership to help engage new hires", "we are experiencing a slight hold and don't want to bring new hires on without a project", "things are re-progressing slower than expected due to mid-year business reviews", "let's engage in 2 months". While most of these responses seemed valid it would have been great to be kept aware of these "issues" without having to initiate contact. It also seemed that the fix to an extremely slow process or the fact that there wasn't a current business need was masked by scheduling more interviews.

Eventually, the recruiter who was my main point of contact left the firm and again, I only became aware of this information by initiating contact. A new recruiter reached out to me a couple of weeks later and scheduled a phone call to debrief about my process. It was under his management that I was actually sent the employment application and cultural assessment again. I was also scheduled for an additional interview with one of the same people that I spoke to prior to him taking over my process. I would recommend that there be a seamless transition process put in place or reevaluated to avoid any type of re-work. Eventually I accepted an offer at another firm and withdrew my name from candidacy.

All in all, North Highland shows a lot promise, a conclusion I came to from the various conversations that I had throughout my process. Unfortunately, action speaks louder than words and I wish I was met with a better representation of the firm from my first points of contact. I am hoping that this was an isolated incident and experience!