North Highland Senior Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

North Highland Senior Manager Interview Questions

2.4

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at North Highland.

Interview

1:1s with team members spaced out over two months with no communication between each interview. One of the interviewers was looking out of the window most of the time and didn't seem to be very concerned with anything. Another interviewer had a huge ego even though they never did any real 'consulting' work. There are so many other great firms to work for who aren't snobby and arrogant. I would stay away from this place as they will waste your time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for North Highland

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at North Highland (Houston, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

One day of 45 minute interviews with the managing office VP, two office VP's, and a Manager. I also had lunch with fellow Principals and Senior Managers. The interviews were conversational and somewhat relaxed, but at the end of the day, it was an interview and preparation paid off.

Interview Questions

• The team asked questions about account management, client service, business development, leadership, team management and Houston market. Also prior to the interview I had to complete a series of tests.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at North Highland (Dallas, TX).

Interview

We generally find almost all of our new hires through referrals. If you know of someone who works for North Highland, they can probably pass your resume along to the right person. It seems like we are almost always hiring and if you are willing to go the city where the work is, and have the right experience, you'll almost certainly get an interview out of it.

Interview Questions

• This wasn't really an issue for me. I thought the interview was fairly normal and I interviewed with 2-3 people before they made an offer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation. I thought it was fair and accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at North Highland (Atlanta, GA) in May 2012.

Interview

Poorly managed, chaotic. Not very impressive individuals on the whole, Time management was poor, and HR were useless, as far as I could see. This company has serious issues in HR/People Team. Very "control" oriented and not interested in adding value. All about rules and process. Terrible, non-existent HR systems.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at North Highland (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Interview was a series of one-on-one discussions, but not very hard, just to talk about my experience and in some cases, sell me as much about the firm versus me selling them on my skills

My advice to people - make sure you understand the comp process - it sounds amazing initially, then when you go back and try to do the math yourself, it seemingly comes up short.

Interview Questions

Their comp system is ridiculously below scale - if you are a burned out consultant from the major consultancies, then you'll probably find all the work/life, no travel perks to be worth the cut, but in this case, I was looking at having to take a pay cut. That, and the comp growth after you enter is spotty at best

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at North Highland (Washington, DC) in September 2009.

Interview

The process is basic: Interviewers evaluate candidates for cultural fit, expertise & ability to deliver, and ability to sell.

Interview Questions

• What is your approach to sell to a new account? This is not necessarily the most difficult question but it is the most important one to get an offer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

With the state of the economy there is little negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at North Highland (Houston, TX) in November 2008.

Interview

The people in the company are really great. I lacked trust in the local leadership of the Houston Office. At the beginning of my time with the company there was a real feeling of ownership at all levels of the team. As new leadership came in, it began to feel more like and Accenture Office...you were only included in decisions/leadership if you were a Pricipal or above. The hiring process included three interviews and some light personality testing.

Interview Questions

• Required an experience where I had sold business in a consulting environment, which was limited for me.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not much that could be done to the salary bands for any role, but I negotiated a start-up bonus net $5,000.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at North Highland in April 2011.

Interview

Agree with other comments here. Hiring managers were indecisive and clueless about what they wanted in the role and kept delaying follow-up interviews. The interview questions were very easy. When asked about how I would help grow business I was interrupted and told about firm's plans for aggressive growth and never allowed to finish. When asked about what acquisition record was I was told they had made a "major strategic acquisition" in Midwest. I researched it and learned it was a four-person office. Major?

Some real disconnects. The compensation structure was confusing. The client service structure which rigidly discourages out of town travel is peculiar and can't be efficient. I didn't want to be out of town 28 days a month but for client service purposes it may be necessary to be at out of state client location a few days a month. If I can bill it and client wants it, why would company discourage it?

Very disappointing. I think there is a bigger role for this company but need more dimensional leadership.

Interview Questions

• Not allowed to answer question (not just once but twice) regarding how to grow business and prospect leads.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at North Highland in February 2009.

Interview

Couple of Phone Interviews followed by 4 group interviews.
    Then a lunch interview with 3 people and offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Did not find any unexpected question. Usual experience and technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

A little.