North Kansas City Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

North Kansas City Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Feb 26, 2017

2.7

Communications Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at North Kansas City Hospital.

Interview

Meet with one of the HR recruiters and they will ask you basic interview questions and go over your application, then meet with the supervisor of the department where they will ask you more questions about your application and why you would be a great fit for the job. Afterwards, they will either give you a call whether or not you got the job within a week.

Graduate Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at North Kansas City Hospital (North Kansas City, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

You check in at the front desk and then they send you to interview with HR. You then meet with benefits and the nurse educators. After that, you go around to various floors and interview with their managers. It's a little overwhelming but it's quick and not as bad as it seems.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you discovered you gave the wrong medication to a patient?   Answer Question

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at North Kansas City Hospital (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Called and set up a face to face interview (very friendly and easy to talk to) - Met with the HR rep and then with the Supervisor and Director of the department. Called for a second "interview" to meet with another Director and the same Supervisor - this was very informal.

Interview Questions

• Standard get to know you, make sure you're competent about the position. Very relaxed.   Answer Question

Nurse Resident Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at North Kansas City Hospital in July 2015.

Interview

The process went a lot faster than I expected. I applied 6/25 and scheduled an interview for 7/15. Two interviews, about an hour and a half total including a brief tour of main floors. Mostly standard questions, such as strengths and weaknesses, why did I apply at NKCH, and least/most liked units. I was contacted 7/21 with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you gave a patient the wrong medicine?   Answer Question
    • What if you went to assess a patient and their BP was 80/60 and their pulse was 120?   Answer Question
    • Describe a difficult client or coworker.   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

Interview

Received call from HR recruiter to schedule interview. Very helpful, detailed instructions of where to go, who to ask for, what to expect, etc. Typical questions from HR, no "tricky" questions. Then, interviewed with dept manager afterward. HR interview took about 20 min. Interview with manager took about 30 min. Called back within a week with offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the most frustrating thing a former manager has ever asked you to do and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotion, as I met criteria to be paid at the top of the pay scale due to years experience in the field.

Graduate Nurse Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at North Kansas City Hospital in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online, filled out questionnaire about clinical areas of interest and clinical experiences while in school. They Ccalled for an interview. Interviewed with HR first, then had 4 back to back interviews with hiring nurse managers for different departments. Was a very long exhausting experience. Over 2 hours of straight interviewing. Everyone was nice. Really liked the HR recruiting manager and some nurse managers. Some I did not like as much. Was not offered a position. Was told two days later of their decision. Reason was they had so many applicants and not enough positions available.

Interview Questions

• "Say you gave the wrong medication to a patient. How would you handle the situation and would you tell the patient ?"   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at North Kansas City Hospital (Kansas City, MO) in April 2014.

Interview

Great interview with very supportive HR representative. I talked with her by phone and then came in later and met with her in person. She also had me meet with the director I would be working for.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at North Kansas City Hospital (North Kansas City, MO).

Interview

I have worked there for 24 years so I am not sure if the process is the same. In my experience I interviewed with 2 different people.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at North Kansas City Hospital.

Interview

Standard interview process.

Negotiation

I negotiated salary.

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at North Kansas City Hospital (Kansas City, MO) in January 2013.

Interview

I was called 2 weeks after I applied . I came in for an interview and talked to HR during the interview process. 3 days later I got another interview along with a couple other people. After that I got another call to come in for My Id and the got the job

Interview Questions

• What made you apply for North Kansas City Hospital   1 Answer