North Shore-LIJ Health System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

North Shore-LIJ Health System is now known as Northwell Health. We at Northwell Health have the power to transform small actions into something life changing. We’re a team united by one core purpose — to deliver world-class service and patient-centered care. Explore more now.

North Shore-LIJ Health System Interview Questions

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Manhasset, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at North Shore-LIJ Health System (Manhasset, NY).

Interview

Waited an hour to see the nurse manager .. She's very interactive with the patients on the floor so I didn't mind waiting that hour actually. She was really nice and welcoming and apologized for the wait

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at North Shore-LIJ Health System in May 2016.

Interview

Took 1 month after resume submission to get an interview.
    Phone interview, then arranged 1:1 face to face.
    HR doesn't know campus you have interview, so no real direction given.
    People had interview with just assumed you would find them and did not arrange to meet you in the lobby.
    HR never lets you know status after interview complete.

Anonymous Employee in New Hyde Park, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at North Shore-LIJ Health System (New Hyde Park, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Was called to by HR and asked a few interview questions. Then we set up an interview to meet with a nurse manager. The nurse manager asked about 3-4 situational questions (what would you do). After 2 weeks, I was contacted by HR and offer a RN position.

Interview Questions

• What is pain management? How do you decipher if a patient is in pain? How would you handle a coworker dispute on the floor?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at North Shore-LIJ Health System.

Interview

Poor communication. I had to follow up multiple times even after I was told I had the position. The recruiter and the department head did not seem to be communicating and were not on the same page. Ultimately I accepted the position but there was a decent amount of anxiety trying to get answers regarding hire date, etc.

Administrative Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at North Shore-LIJ Health System.

Interview

HR rep calls asks you some questions, basically a mini phone interview and then sets up an interview with the hiring manager. Hiring manager didnt really ask any questions basically outline the position and asked only two or three questions.

Interview Questions

• have you ever had to deal with a frustrated client and how did you handle that   Answer Question

ER Volunteer/Shadow Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at North Shore-LIJ Health System (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was very calm and relaxed. It did not take long for me to get called in for the interview since there was also another person getting interviewed at the time I went. The questions were very basic and the process was very organized. The interview was short and thorough and I was told to start whenever I'd like.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to volunteer?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Interview

I was suppose to be interviewed by a Nurse manager however last minute she decided to invite another Nurse whose position I do not remember. The nurse manager was very nice and informative about the Hospital, the other just observed. They both asked questions and I felt double the pressure.

Interview Questions

• Several NCLEX style questions, Most complicated patient and their treatment, explain and give example of leadership skills you possess....   Answer Question

Administrative Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at North Shore-LIJ Health System (New York, NY).

Interview

Was called 4 days after applying. Interviewed with the regional manager. It went very well, so much so, she had me meet immediately with the Units Medical Lead. One week later had an interview with the Regional Director. Then days later received a call with a Job offer. Needed to take a Physical and supply my references email, title and phone numbers.

Interview Questions

• Are you a leader or a follower?   1 Answer
    • In this position, you will not have Authority over your colleagues, how will you be a leader.   2 Answers

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westbury, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at North Shore-LIJ Health System (Westbury, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

The accounting manager asked non-standard interview questions. The interview includes an excel accounting test which was quite simple.Requires some familiarity with medical practice accounting. I was only interviewed by 2 people because the 3rd person was unavailable when the first 2 interviews were completed. FrThe office is small but the staff seemed friendly

Interview Questions

• Am I a leader or a follower?
      What is the thin that drives me the most?
      If I could go back in time what would career decisions would I make differently
      Answer Question

Rehabilitation Aide Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at North Shore-LIJ Health System.

Interview

Interview was relaxed. Asked about experiences and why I would want to be a part of the health system. There were two rounds of interviews, both were on a one to one basis.

Interview Questions

• Customer or patient experiences. A time dealing with a difficult patient.   Answer Question