North Shore-LIJ Health System Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

North Shore-LIJ Health System is now known as Northwell Health. We at Northwell Health have the power to transform small actions into something life changing. We’re a team united by one core purpose — to deliver world-class service and patient-centered care. Explore more now.

North Shore-LIJ Health System Interview Questions in New York, NY

2.2

ER Volunteer/Shadow Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at North Shore-LIJ Health System (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was very calm and relaxed. It did not take long for me to get called in for the interview since there was also another person getting interviewed at the time I went. The questions were very basic and the process was very organized. The interview was short and thorough and I was told to start whenever I'd like.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to volunteer?   1 Answer

Administrative Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at North Shore-LIJ Health System (New York, NY).

Interview

Was called 4 days after applying. Interviewed with the regional manager. It went very well, so much so, she had me meet immediately with the Units Medical Lead. One week later had an interview with the Regional Director. Then days later received a call with a Job offer. Needed to take a Physical and supply my references email, title and phone numbers.

Interview Questions

• Are you a leader or a follower?   1 Answer
    • In this position, you will not have Authority over your colleagues, how will you be a leader.   2 Answers

Patient Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at North Shore-LIJ Health System (New York, NY).

Interview

I received a phone call from the recruiter and she told me to come in with required documents. I arrived at the interview site about 45 minutes early, because i didn't know exactly where i was going. Dressed in interview attire when i arrived, i had to fill out a questionnaire and wait until the recruiter called my name. She interviewed me. The interview went well. I Received a phone call some days later about taking a drug screening test, and a physical. When i came back they had me and other candidates who were also offered jobs to sit in a room and take a reading, and writing test. Once that was done, the next week i had to go for orientation, and i received my work schedule.

Interview Questions

• what can I bring to the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at North Shore-LIJ Health System (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

The Nurse Manager, Clinical Educator, and another RN on the floor interviewed me. They asked me the typical questions.. why Lenox Hill, why did you want to be a nurse, asked about some of my past experiences (I was a new grad). They then toured me around the floor. One week later I received an offer from HR. I was very turned off as they mentioned they are still doing paper charting for assessments, it seemed very backwards to me and as if the hospital isn't a progressive one.
    Pay is roughly 81k for nights, every other weekend, new grad, BSN

Interview Questions

• Why not one of the other hospitals in NSLIJ system on Long Island?   Answer Question

Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at North Shore-LIJ Health System (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I have been applying with lij online since last year i always check every other day on my phone for any openings i finally got my first interview with forest hills hospital for pca. Then on the same day i got a call from a hiring recruiter for an interview at lenox hill hospital for nursing assistant I was hired on the spot was so surprise.

Telemetry Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at North Shore-LIJ Health System (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

sit down and meet with a nurse who asks the standard interview questions - what are your best/worst traits etc, why North Shore LIJ, what do you look for in a job

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at North Shore-LIJ Health System (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The Recruiters are very friendly and ask you the standard - why you want to be a nurse, why you want to work here questions, and also they ask a few clinical scenarios (a what would you do in this situation type of question).

Testing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at North Shore-LIJ Health System (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Recommended by the person who was leaving the position. Face to face interviews with several leads on the same day in more than one location. Final interview was a phone interview with someone I hadn't met and seemed quite confused as to which position I was applying for. Interestingly it also seemed that he had the position I had applied for and was interviewing me for something else. The process ended abruptly when I received an email from HR telling me my candidacy was no longer valid. Several email and phone calls to HR and the interviewers did not illicit a response.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about process? I asked for clarification to determine what the interviewer was asking for. He didn't seem to know and continues to ask 'Tell me about process". Then he abruptly ended the conversation saying he would have someone from the team call me.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at North Shore-LIJ Health System (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter then in-person interview with unit manager... Easy questions. Unit hires new graduates. I got an email to inform me that I got the position as long as my references checked out and passed drug test

Medical Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at North Shore-LIJ Health System (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

I didn't have an interview. It was more like the HR recruiter calling me and telling me to meet with the manager/supervisor. After meeting and chatting with the manager, they show you the place and then afterwards, you hand in your resume and they ask some basic questions like where do you see yourself five years from now?

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?   1 Answer