North Star Resource Group Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

North Star Resource Group Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at North Star Resource Group (Austin, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

There was a total of 3 interviews, moving up the chain from Recruiter, District VP and Director of Development. In person (campus), phone, and skype, respectively. For an internship they're really trying to get a feel for your attitude and outlook, much more so than your technical background.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for North Star Resource Group

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at North Star Resource Group (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

There are three separate interviews with different advisers. All of the advisers are very nice and most of the process is just them explaining what they do and you asking them questions about your responsibilities. It is important to come prepared with questions to ask or the interview will be somewhat short.

Interview Questions

• They ask about some previous work history and what you know about their business.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at North Star Resource Group in August 2015.

Interview

The job interview was conducted in four separate parts. You spoke with four different people from the company. One was the head of their HR department. The next two were employees of the branch you would be intending to work at. And the fourth, at least for me, was the vice president of the company.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at North Star Resource Group (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

They first called me and I had an informational interview, then a personality assessment, then 2 other interview after that. They really look for determination and ability to sell yourself and products.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing when it comes to sales?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at North Star Resource Group (Baltimore, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

Called by HR, personality test. Skype interview with VP. I think that it was pretty easy, just be cool and laid back. The managers seemed okay to talk too, but the interns looked pretty depressed. It looks like things could turn out bad for me as an intern, so I declined.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at North Star Resource Group in September 2014.

Interview

Process took about 1.5 months, three phone interviews (one with recruiter, one with future mentor, one with regional manager), one in person interview, and a personality test. Had to fill out a really long booklet and prepare a marketing plan.

Interview Questions

I got a better offer somewhere else

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at North Star Resource Group (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2014.

Interview

Two phone interviews followed by a third one that should have been in person, but due to my location at school the third one was also held over the phone. Straight forward interview questions about future, past accomplishments and jobs.

Interview Questions

• Tell me 5 characteristics that best describe yourself, and a reason why for each one.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at North Star Resource Group (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

The internship interview process consisted of 4 rounds of interviews, as well as watching videos and writing papers about them. The first round was with the recruiter just going through your resume and a lot of behavioral questions. The second round was with an advisor in the office, mostly just getting to know you. The third round was with a new advisor mostly just to answer questions that you have, and the last interview is with the head of the department.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at North Star Resource Group (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2013.

Interview

Two phone interviews. Followed by an in person interview. Interview was 30 minutes with just the recruiter. Very straight forward questions about future, why financial advising, etc.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest failure/accomplishment during your last job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at North Star Resource Group (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2012.

Interview

It was a good process. Phone screen with general questions. Then an in person interview where we talked about athletics and how that translates into cold calling/sales. Then the last one was with the senior director who is a really nice guy and very reasonable.