North Star Resource Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

2.7

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at North Star Resource Group (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and was contacted via email about setting up a phone screening. I had a call where they asked basic background and what I was looking for in my career. The phone call ended with them requesting assessments to be completed online. This was a road block: if the assessments were good, I moved on. If they were bad, it was over. The assessments were acceptable and I was asked to set up an in-person. They gave me videos to watch and react to to bring to the meeting. I met with a recruiting member and had a good conversation. They followed up for a second in-person interview. I came in a week or so later and spoke with the national director of recruiting and development. The purpose of this meeting was to answer lingering questions and "scare me" about the position. This went well and the HR director told me that he would call me with a "final project". This happened on April 13th and it is now May 17th and I have not heard a word from them. I have followed up three times but have not gotten a single response. They completed ghosted me. Very unprofessional manner to do business. If they decided not to proceed, fine, but give some notice and don't make empty promises. Not trustworthy in my opinion for a company that claims to put a focus on the people of the community.

Supervisor, Adviser Technical Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at North Star Resource Group (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

The process started with filling a form that required me to enter basic information such as Past experience, qualifications etc. Once that was done, I was asked to go to the third floor. As soon as I got off the lift, the interviewer was waiting for me.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you faced and how did you resolve the situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at North Star Resource Group (Chapel Hill, NC) in April 2013.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and received a response almost immediately. I was informed that I just needed to take a quick personality exam that the email claimed "Keep in mind there are no right or wrong answers to the questions. It is not a test. The questionnaire simply helps us identify your personality strengths and areas which we can help you grow in. It will also help you decide if this is a good career fit for you. Once completed, I will reach out to you about scheduling your interview with our National Director of Talent Acquisition." I took the personality exam and answered honestly. It asked first for the answer you expected your employer wanted from an employee and then for you to be frank about what the answer was for you. After 4 days, I received an email informing me that "the results show that you most likely would not be happy, long term, in this career with our firm." Overall, I felt misled by the exam and also a bit annoyed that they were making my decision for me.

Interview Questions

• If you saw a celebrity, would you go take your picture with them?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North Star Resource Group (Dallas, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

Received a call telling me to take a personality test. The personality test is long and is usually failed towards the end. Note: it is easy to fail. Apparently 80% of candidates fail.

Apparently, should I have passed the test, I would have had a long interview process consisting of sales pitches, meeting with senior executives, etc.

Interview Questions

• Personality Test: Which would you believe that employers like to hear?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at North Star Resource Group (Chicago, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

Overall, I was disappointed. This was strictly a sales position. There is no advisory role associated with this at all. It is very marketing focused where one has to bring in clients. The training period can last up to three years and the pay is not satisfactory to the work required. The interview process also takes a lengthy time. I believe it consists of five or six steps. I would recommend shortening the interview process to two or three interviews.

Interview Questions

• In the past two years, what have you done that was primarily for personal growth and self-development?   Answer Question
    • What appeals to you about this career?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North Star Resource Group (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2011.

Interview

After getting to the office 15 mins early I was asked to wait in a lobby for roughly 25 mins. The lobby is not on the same floor as the office. I was then asked to ride up the padded elevator to the fourth floor. I was wearing professional business attire and well prepared for the interview. I was greeted on the fourth floor by a lady in jeans and a fleece. The interview took approximately 5 mins. I was asked about 3 questions and the interviewer didn't look me in the eye even once. When she was done writing on a pad of paper (clearly unprepared and unaware an interview was even taking place) she looked at me and gave me a list of reasons why I was not a good fit for the company, none of which seemed to make any sense at all as to how they pertained to the job I was applying for. Her tone was incredibly condescending, a peculiar recruitment approach. She talked at me as if I was in middle school. I have had interviews with many companies in the same industry and have never had one as terrible as this. I tried to ask a couple questions I had prepared for the interview but ended up forcing out a smile and leaving. I felt terrible for coming and even worse for trying. If this is their recruiting practice I would seriously reconsider getting on board with this organization.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at North Star Resource Group (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2009.

Interview

very professional environment but the interview was very informal and seemed to be part of a multi-interview process

Interview Questions

• what is the hardest thing you have had to do in your life?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North Star Resource Group in December 2011.

Interview

Emailed a "Talent Recruitment" employee with a brief cover letter and resume. Phone interview was scheduled a couple days later. Interviewer was not friendly at all, but the questions were pretty standard (i.e. strengths, weaknesses, time you failed, time you succeeded).

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at North Star Resource Group in August 2011.

Interview

Started with a personality test, then a phone interview. After that there was a background interview. About a week later I was scheduled for an interview where I ask current employee's about there job and experiences so far within the company. Next step would have been filling out a business plan and presenting it to senior partner. Friendly people.