North York General Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

North York General Hospital Interview Questions

Interviews at North York General Hospital

2.8

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Interview

Manager was very nice and knew processes really well. Clinical educator also present who was very knowledgeable. They weren’t very clear on the daily duties. We’re very personable and made me feel comfortable

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in North York, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at North York General Hospital (North York, ON (Canada)).

Interview

over 40 mins, long and check my character and opinion
    Far more experience than required
    underpaid offer, but i need job close to home, so I take the job.
    I stayed on for over 14 years and happy mainly because work is close home. I can pick up my child after school whereas I could not do that when I work downtown hospital.

Negotiation

No negotiation. They did not tell me my rate during the interview. they put me back to the bottom of the pay scale for one year contract, extend contract to another year, 2 years total. Then, finally after I ask and ask, they offer me full time.

Dietary Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in North York, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at North York General Hospital (North York, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

Was asked number of food related and patient related questions. Including my past experiences from my previous Dietary Aide job at Kingston General Hospital. Gave my answers and examples using past experiences from my previous jobs.

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in North York, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at North York General Hospital (North York, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by James (unfortunately he is not working there any more). He was a really nice person with positive attitude. The interview process and paperwork took about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. How do you describe yourself? What your friends could tell you about you?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at North York General Hospital.

Interview

I applied online. Interviewed with a panel. I was asked behavioural and a few clinical questions. They were welcoming and made me feel comfortable. Standard behavioural questions were asked.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at North York General Hospital.

Interview

The interview consisted of a stations interview style. This meant that the interview took place with 2 other applicants in the room and 3 different interviewers, 1 at each station. All applicants interviewed at the same time.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan on dealing with fluctuating patient assignment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in North York, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at North York General Hospital (North York, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was interviewed by the unit manager and one of the nurse interview. I'm a new grad and they were both very nice which eased my nervousness. They asked me the classic question, "tell me about yourself" but the rest of the interview were scenario based questions.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in North York, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at North York General Hospital (North York, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews both behavioral and the panel had 4 people from different departments. Several questions were related to patient experience and team work. The questions were similar to what you get in most place like teamwork, managing priorities, dealing with difficult people

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at North York General Hospital in July 2010.

Interview

three interviews were conducted. First was a telephone interview then a panel interview and final interview with VP and Manager. Panel interview was with 5 others from the department. It was well structured and timely. It was welcoming and professional. the questions were relevant. It gave me them what they needed to learn about my background and who I was and gave me the opportunity to spend time with the team I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• Tell us in your opinion what are the challenges facing healthcare now and 5 years from now   Answer Question

Negotiation

none needed

RN - EMERGENCY Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North York General Hospital.

Interview

Amazing, well rounded and very thorough . The process included a stimulation, and alot of cause scenarios. There was also an ECG test that was to be completed.