Northeastern University Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

2.6

64 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northeastern University (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

Started with a phone screen and then immediately was called in for 2.5 hours to meet with 4 different people. I was presented with an agenda along with the names and titles of everyone that I was meeting. Very organized.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Interview

The interview was rather difficult since the position was an advanced research one. There were questions to test quantitative as well as technical knowledge. On the whole a tough nut to crack.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northeastern University (Boston, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

From time of submission to phone screen took 6 months for first initial contact because they were hiring for another position. I was interviewed by the person who was filling currently filling the role as a contractor and she couldn't really identify what the upcoming projects where. I submitted to the position online in December, followed up by submitting some portfolio examples to the director via snail mail in early January and then followed up again in late January to the director to find out the status of the position. I was then told that they are focused on filling another opening first. I am an alumna of Northeastern's Graduate program. I was really pushed for a salary which I felt very uncomfortable giving because I didn't have a sense of the position at all. I indicated that there must be a range online and budget they are working with and the interviewer because defensive to point where I had to say identify that this was not ending on a positive note" I am sure my pushback didn't help me but if ranges are identified online that organizations should be willing to identify the range budgeted for the position. I certainly indicated that I would be willing to negotiate if it were mutually agreed upon that I was the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background and what interests you in this position?   1 Answer

Leadership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northeastern University (Boston, MA).

Interview

I had three phone interviews, including a video group interview, and a follow up, but something did not feel right. I was receiving mixed messages about the role, expectations, and culture. Withdrew after having more doubts than my gut let me move forward with.

Interview Questions

• Communication and leadership style, change management, vision, management   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northeastern University (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Good communication between the recruiter and applicant, timely/ quick emails. Contacted via email, was scheduled a phone interview immediately. Phone interview was scheduled for 20 minutes and was promptly times, with a lot of questions involving past experiences and goals/ vision for Northeastern in 2017 in line with the President.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself in this field of work in the next 5-10 years?   Answer Question

Creative Design Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northeastern University (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

After passing the initial phone interview, which seems pretty standard these days, I was invited in for an in-person. Wow, it was long! I was scheduled to meet with approximately 7 people, but because the hiring manager was late, the whole interview shifted out and some weren't able to make it. It was a long time sitting and interviewing with one after the next, one on one. All were extremely nice, and very thoughtful about their questions. I sent a thank you card (via snail mail) as well as an email to follow-up afterward. Unfortunately, I never heard anything back from anyone.

Government Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northeastern University (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a bit too long - with 3 interviews over 3 months. The interviews were enjoyable and not difficult. Overall, a positive experience. I appreciated being notified that I had not been selected.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northeastern University (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a great opportunity. The professor there was very nice and the facility was excellent. For research assistant, the questions were all professional. Northeastern is a great university to work at.

Proctor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northeastern University (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online followed by a screening through an exam finally training on site. No previous experience required and the whole process is not lengthy at all. All the very best !

Circulation Desk Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northeastern University (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online by selecting and submitting my resume. I received an e-mail that asked me to come to the Snell Library. I went and met up with one of the supervisors who asked me very few questions then welcomed me aboard.