Northeastern University Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Updated May 12, 2017

2.5

Leadership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northeastern University (Boston, MA).

Interview

I had three phone interviews, including a video group interview, and a follow up, but something did not feel right. I was receiving mixed messages about the role, expectations, and culture. Withdrew after having more doubts than my gut let me move forward with.

Interview Questions

• Communication and leadership style, change management, vision, management   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northeastern University (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Good communication between the recruiter and applicant, timely/ quick emails. Contacted via email, was scheduled a phone interview immediately. Phone interview was scheduled for 20 minutes and was promptly times, with a lot of questions involving past experiences and goals/ vision for Northeastern in 2017 in line with the President.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself in this field of work in the next 5-10 years?   Answer Question

Creative Design Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northeastern University (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

After passing the initial phone interview, which seems pretty standard these days, I was invited in for an in-person. Wow, it was long! I was scheduled to meet with approximately 7 people, but because the hiring manager was late, the whole interview shifted out and some weren't able to make it. It was a long time sitting and interviewing with one after the next, one on one. All were extremely nice, and very thoughtful about their questions. I sent a thank you card (via snail mail) as well as an email to follow-up afterward. Unfortunately, I never heard anything back from anyone.

Proctor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northeastern University (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online followed by a screening through an exam finally training on site. No previous experience required and the whole process is not lengthy at all. All the very best !

Circulation Desk Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northeastern University (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online by selecting and submitting my resume. I received an e-mail that asked me to come to the Snell Library. I went and met up with one of the supervisors who asked me very few questions then welcomed me aboard.

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northeastern University (Boston, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied in May of 2016, got an email mid June from a person in that office asking to schedule a phone interview for the following week. After the phone interview I was asked to come in for a group interview two weeks later. The interview went great in my eyes, really hit it off with the staff and upper management.
    Didn't hear from them for over two weeks. Finally I sent an email after almost three weeks asking what their timeline was for filling the position. Hiring manager told me they were going with someone else.
    It is the summer so people were probably on vacation. Worked out for the best though, got an offer from another University in Boston.

Interview Questions

• What do you contribute to the team?
      Why do you want to join the NU team?
      What is your work ethic like
      What work environment best suits your needs
      Answer Question

Stacks Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northeastern University (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online, asked for interview via mail after 7 days, attended the interview and selected with in 3 days of the interview, completed the paper wok in 7 days time got the job.

Interview Questions

• Any previous experience regarding this work?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Northeastern University (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interview process went very well. There we a preliminary interview via telephone. Within 4 days An in person interview was set for 1 week later. I met with the special assistant and interviewed. She was very friendly and made me feel relaxed. I then met with a group of 5 other executive assistants who interviewed me too and told me about the job. I walked away feeling confident that I got the job. They took 1 week to reach out to me and by then I had already decided to accept another position elsewhere that was paying me 10K more. It was bittersweet because I really could see myself happy there but the other job was just as good and paid me for my MBA degree.

Interview Questions

• With your background why choose an Executive Assistant job?   1 Answer
    • Why choose an academic setting?   Answer Question

I was offered another job elsewhere and they offered me 10K more than what NEU was offering.

IDM Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northeastern University (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

My Interview was telephonic and as per the schedule I got call from the interview panel where 3 interviewer are going to ask me questions.But it was really short interview

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your work experience in IDM domain   1 Answer
    • What was your last enhancement in Weveset IDM   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to work on Sun IDM   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to convince them that i am still willing to work on Sun IDM

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northeastern University (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Meeting with Department Head at the University location. Interview was relatively informal because I already knew the Department Head and he knew my work, so we had the advantage of knowing about each others; backgrounds. I was very pleased and honored to have the opportunity to join their team, and they also believed I could make a contribution to the Department, so in the end, I was thankful they made me an offer that I accepted.

Interview Questions

• How important is teaching to you?

What are your research interests?

How do you see yourself contributing to our department mission.
      1 Answer