Northeastern University Graduate Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northeastern University Graduate Research Assistant Interview Questions

3.1

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Northeastern University in August 2015.

Interview

took about 1 week. applied online and got a call from the professor. Went through my experiences and soft skills I knew. Got a call a day later to confirming my appointment.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northeastern University

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Interview

four month intern under current boss to familiar the lab and relate background, ensure the boss to hire you in the lab. the boss is very friendly and willing to help to improve yourself. equipment and lab environment were better than before due to more invest from university.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northeastern University (Boston, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview started with a campus tour, including different departments and their labs. Then, we had lunch with department dean and several other faculty members. During the lunch, the dean introduced the department and research areas and projects. After lunch, a department tour was provided, including lab tour with different faculty members. I had chance to talk with one or two faculty members after the tour of each lab. At the end, I had a meeting with several graduate students in their department to discuss their research and campus life.

Interview Questions

• What projects have you been working on? What is the goal for you to join our program?   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northeastern University.

Interview

Just involved an exchange of resume with the Hiring manager, a very brief interview with the professor about my skills and past experience

Interview Questions

• will you be able to read and understand papers from a subject not related to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Northeastern University (Boston, MA).

Interview

I searched online for professors at the MIE department in college of engineering and found the ones with research programs close to my interest and experience and knock on their door for 1-1 interviews.
    After a resume check and discussion about the research funding available for a PhD degree, I read a couple of papers and presented them either to the PI or the research team under supervision of the same PI.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions but high quality energy and studying is required...   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, fixed income.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northeastern University (Boston, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview was held by Tatayana. I had a wonderful interview experience. I was asked to solve a sum on Molarity which was not very straight forward. I had to think for a while and apply the necessary basics I studied in my under graduation. At the end I cracked the sum and was appreciated for the same. Also we had a general talk about my experience in the field of pharmacy.

Interview Questions

• The sum had a few tricky parts and I was caught up in that for a while but later was able to deduce the answer.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northeastern University.

Interview

1 phone interview with a professor. Fairly simple. In science and engineering, due to the humongous amount of foreign applicants, the unwritten rule is that they take in all Americans.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northeastern University (Boston, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

Meeting with 2 of the faculties after application to graduate school, with required document such as GRE scores, GPA, transcripts.
    They asked about previous research experiences, and my plan on working in industry or academia. They asked about ways to avoid heuristics in a technical problem.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northeastern University in April 2011.

Interview

I applied online to graduate office of MIE department, they asked me to upload my previous transcripts and a few other documents. Then, I contacted my supervisor via email and asked if there is any Research Assistant position in his group, he replied to my email and after a phone interview, he approved my application.

Interview Questions

• My GPA, Question about what programming language I use and my experience with Molecular Dynamics simulations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northeastern University (Boston, MA) in March 2010.

Interview

Application to graduate school usually requires face to face interviews. So situations vary a lot.
    When she asked me a lot about materials science, I really do not know too much about material systems. I tried my best to memorize from my internship about manufacturing and machining experience and also try to account for from the perspective of mechanics. It worked