Northern Alberta Institute of Technology Interview Questions in Edmonton, AB | Glassdoor

Northern Alberta Institute of Technology Interview Questions in Edmonton, AB

Updated Aug 23, 2017

2.8

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Director of Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was a panel setting, with one human resource representative and four from within the working groups. Each took a turn in asking a prepared question on behaviour based situations, and all five took notes on the responses. The interview was scheduled for one hour and started 15 minutes later than planned.

Interview Questions

• The questions were behavioural based on situations from past working experiences.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the project management position, two weeks later received a phone call to invite me for an interview, followed by a details email, they asked me to bring project portfolio documents with me. The Intrivew panel included three people ( HR, PMO manager and an IT manager).

Eat At Nait Food Services Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and I also I left my resume in person. I got a call like a week after. The interview was very easy and laid back, they jask you to talk about yourself and your past experiences. They will also ask you where you'd like to work in Nait

Interview Questions

• How would you manage your studies and your work at the same time?   Answer Question

Team Leader, Food Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

It was a good experience as there's 5 managers from different department interviewed me. at first I was shocked because there were 5 manager sitting on the long table waiting for me. it was actually a non-stop questions so you better really know what you are applying for and make sure you really have an related experience

Space Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Was very positive, comfortable, and questions were well written. They were open to answering questions from myself and provided honest answers so both parties could ensure the relationship was a good fit from both sides. Questions were appropriate for the position - being both complex and relevant. Preparation for the interview included understanding the work of public service as well as how an educational institution operates. Only criticism is that their HR department wasn't very helpful once an offer letter is signed. Couldn't tell me where to go my first day, what time I should be there, or how to arrange for parking. Had to track down the contact information of my reporting manager on my own and ask them.

Interview Questions

• How I approach resolving conflict amoungst peers, leadership, and clients.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate and it was fairly easy to do. They prepared for me to push back and respected what I felt I was worth.

Helpdesk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Hiring process was average. One interview with an HR person, one manager and a supervisor. We met at an HR office on campus. All the interviewees were there sitting in the waiting area downstairs.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions, problem resolution questions, and proudest moment / accomplishment at work. Questions about work experience and reasons for leaving previous job(s).   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

Interview was pretty standard, except that they called at 4 p.m. for an interview the next morning at 9 a.m. and the H.R. Dept. was sending out form requests that had been sent to other perspective employees. It had their (not my) name in the email!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a student putting down another student in class?   Answer Question

SSCC Specialist Interview

Application

Interview

Met with HR and Supervisor. Seemed rather casual and bit unprofessional. Supervisor had a weird stare and snorted at my answers. Could not believe this was even happening. Through me off and made me a bit defensive. At the end, it was clear I did not want to work with this group of people.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with little to no supervision? ...really? What the heck does the supervisor do then?   Answer Question

Did not like the casual and unprofessional attitude of supervisor. Very poor impression made.

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online, and did not hear from them for a month or so. Then, got an email which instructed me to create a Skype account for the interview. The interview was a panel interview. Very basic questions about the classroom management and content delivery. I found the interview to be very easy to manage. I was surprised that they did not invite for an in location interview and to give me a tour of the location. Later, found out that there is a high turn over rate, and they do not care because many hired leave before a year is over.

Interview Questions

• Very basic and easy to answer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Enterprise Development Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in May 2012.

Interview

After receiving a phone call to set up a time, I met with 4 members of the organization: an HR rep, my two supervisors and the entrepreneur I would be working most closely with (in an assisting role). The interview was 1 hour and gave me a few questions on what my accomplishments/workstyle was like and then gave me a chance to ask questions and tell my own story.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with uncommitted clients?   1 Answer

Negotiation

As it is a unionized job with pre-defined benefits, very little.