Northern Bank and Trust (MA) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northern Bank and Trust (MA) Interview Questions

Interviews at Northern Bank and Trust (MA)

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Northern Bank and Trust (MA)

Client Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northern Bank and Trust (MA) (Chicago, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by phone about setting up an interview by someone in HR. I was asked for my available times to meet and then told I would receive a call/email back with the time. I received an email one or two days before the actual interview with no other contact between me and the bank. I went to the building I would be working at for my interview and met with a group of managers, in the email they sent confirming my interview time they listed four people of which some or all would be interviewing me. Two of the listed people were there, we spoke for about 45 minutes, talking about the company culture, advancement opportunities, my skills and abilities, etc. It was helpful because I got to see where I would be working and some of what was going in the building while I was there. About a month later I was called in for my second interview. I met with three people, all of who were managers of the specific teams that had an available spot. They asked me similar questions to my first interview, what I wanted from the company, what I could add to the company, how I could improve, etc. I brought in examples of products I had worked on before and discussed situations and circumstances of that product. Within a week a received a call letting me know I'd been hired.

Interview Questions

• The question I thought to be most difficult was: what do you want from our group (their section of the company). It was something I predicted but without really knowing what their group did and how everything really worked, I wasn't quite sure how to respond.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no real negotiation phase. They were pretty rigid about what they offered, which were good benefits, as it was an entry level job.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Bank and Trust (MA) (Boston, MA) in January 2013.

Interview

Very cordial sit down interview to assess potential fit. Very friendly people who expressed willingness to allow on the job learning, Very conversational throughout. Nice People who expressed the requirements of the job and the resulting expectations.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northern Bank and Trust (MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter to interview for the accountant position in the Hedge Fund Finance department. Met with department head along with another manager, discussed the position and functions that would be assigned. Basic accounting functions accruals, cash application and Microsoft systems applications experience required.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northern Bank and Trust (MA) (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2012.

Interview

group discussion, interview on financial instuments , knowleage on accounting, communication skills
    HR interview, adjustable in any shift timing , location constrients , emphasis more on mutual funds, equity and derivative

Interview Questions

• wht is golden rules of accounting   1 Answer

Funding Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Northern Bank and Trust (MA) in February 2008.

Interview

The interview process was uninteresting and below my pay grade. At the time I was interested in getting a job. Now that I am here, I wish I could have gotten a job at another bank.