Northern Trust Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.7

97 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Tempe, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

After 2 weeks I submitted my resume online, I was contacted by a recruiter. The interview only took around 10 mins. Some basic background check and ask the salary expectation.

Interview Questions

• What is your expected salary?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Northern Trust

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process did take a while for a call in for an interview but overall, the interview was fun, conversational, and I was offered a position the very same day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR and then they brought me in for a super day, where I met with 5 team members. It was pretty standard. Asked me why this position and why the company. Slightly technical. They asked about the different products they dealt with in Hedge Fund Services.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Series of calls and then multiple on site visits. Fairly lengthy process concerned more on fit than aptitude. Lengthy discussions around my background and previous work experience. First step was an into call with Human resources department. Next step was phone interview with hiring manager then one in person interview with various members of the team. Then two more interviews with the rest of the team and again with hiring manager.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. First, I was contacted via phone for a 15-minute pre-screening interview. The recruiter was direct and courteous. Then a second interview (in-person) was scheduled. On the day of the interview, I met with the recruiter prior to meeting with the manager in charge. The manager was nice and very knowledgeable. Overall, the process was smooth and easy. The manager explained about the position and the duties of the position, as it was not clear in the job post. I was asked some behavioral questions and technical skills (nothing complex).

Interview Questions

• How knowledgeable are you in Excel? Have you used VBA, Macros, etc?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very fun interview process. I met with two managers and two team leaders, which really gave me a good sense of who I would be working with on a daily basis.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview with three to four people at a time, or back to back. Usually about an hour long. Some people were stern, some were nice, usually more conversational than anything.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you faced a serious challenge at work and what did you do to overcome it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Received a call for an interview a month after I applied online. Discuss salary w/HR over phone & then had 3 interview. Sent thank you emails along with a follow-up email weeks after the 2nd interview. No response ever received.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to difficult. Questions were like explain your day-to-day work schedule? Any improvements you made that impact your current position? Do you work well with others...etc?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was over 7 years ago, so don't remember much

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

Group interview - get a feel for the team as well as the hiring manager. The questions are pretty standard for what you would expect from any type of formal interview process

Interview Questions

• How will you be able to adjust from a full-time student to a full-time worker?   Answer Question