Northern Trust Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northern Trust Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Northern Trust

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very fun interview process. I met with two managers and two team leaders, which really gave me a good sense of who I would be working with on a daily basis.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northern Trust

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Received a call for an interview a month after I applied online. Discuss salary w/HR over phone & then had 3 interview. Sent thank you emails along with a follow-up email weeks after the 2nd interview. No response ever received.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to difficult. Questions were like explain your day-to-day work schedule? Any improvements you made that impact your current position? Do you work well with others...etc?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was over 7 years ago, so don't remember much

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in January 2009.

Interview

Called in the office for first interview along with other candidates

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

Got interview through recruiter. Had one day of interviews. Had 4 interviews with members of the team. Pretty standard questions such as "What have you done to resolve conflict on the job?" Also asked what type of work environment you prefer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview with three to four people at a time, or back to back. Usually about an hour long. Some people were stern, some were nice, usually more conversational than anything.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you faced a serious challenge at work and what did you do to overcome it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process did take a while for a call in for an interview but overall, the interview was fun, conversational, and I was offered a position the very same day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR and then they brought me in for a super day, where I met with 5 team members. It was pretty standard. Asked me why this position and why the company. Slightly technical. They asked about the different products they dealt with in Hedge Fund Services.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Series of calls and then multiple on site visits. Fairly lengthy process concerned more on fit than aptitude. Lengthy discussions around my background and previous work experience. First step was an into call with Human resources department. Next step was phone interview with hiring manager then one in person interview with various members of the team. Then two more interviews with the rest of the team and again with hiring manager.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

First I was referred - and after submitting an application I came in for an interview. The first interview was with HR - very standard. This was a soft screen which lead to the most comprehensive "super day" of sorts. I met with 6 managers for 45 minutes each. Most questions were behavioral with some technical finance questions.