Northern Trust Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northern Trust Analyst Interview Questions

2.8

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Tempe, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

After 2 weeks I submitted my resume online, I was contacted by a recruiter. The interview only took around 10 mins. Some basic background check and ask the salary expectation.

Interview Questions

• What is your expected salary?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Northern Trust

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR and then they brought me in for a super day, where I met with 5 team members. It was pretty standard. Asked me why this position and why the company. Slightly technical. They asked about the different products they dealt with in Hedge Fund Services.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. First, I was contacted via phone for a 15-minute pre-screening interview. The recruiter was direct and courteous. Then a second interview (in-person) was scheduled. On the day of the interview, I met with the recruiter prior to meeting with the manager in charge. The manager was nice and very knowledgeable. Overall, the process was smooth and easy. The manager explained about the position and the duties of the position, as it was not clear in the job post. I was asked some behavioral questions and technical skills (nothing complex).

Interview Questions

• How knowledgeable are you in Excel? Have you used VBA, Macros, etc?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very fun interview process. I met with two managers and two team leaders, which really gave me a good sense of who I would be working with on a daily basis.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Received a call for an interview a month after I applied online. Discuss salary w/HR over phone & then had 3 interview. Sent thank you emails along with a follow-up email weeks after the 2nd interview. No response ever received.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to difficult. Questions were like explain your day-to-day work schedule? Any improvements you made that impact your current position? Do you work well with others...etc?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in January 2009.

Interview

Called in the office for first interview along with other candidates

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

It was pool interview in jain college(Bangalore) interview rounds were quite easy one should have knowledge of basic journnal enteries and stock market.interview rounds were 1) aptitude
    2)GD
    3) technical

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview went with the GD and HR round on Day 1. After the HR round the HR notify's that you are selected, final round will be on Thursday which was preponed to Monday and My profile would be Risk and Investment Analyst. Day 2 of Interview on Monday was a Managerial Round wherein the Interviewer took my Interview and the interview went on for .5 hours which i was happy and positive about but then the interviewer says that the profile is for Fund Accounting. I am basically
    After the interview got over it took almost a weeks time which was a standard procedure of the firm. When I called up the HR said that you are not selected. When asked for the reason, she said that the Interviewer mentioned that "Lack of Technical skills". I questioned in what sense? When explained everything to the HR, She was like we were looking for fund accounting and you don't fit. She wasn't able to justify. "Currently you don't fit to our profile" she says.
    Either the filtration of the Employees is wrong or the HR recruitment process is wrong.
    No proper planning and organized way.
    Very disappointed with the firm. Had a lot of positivity in the firm but these things just ruined the image of the company for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

i applies through frnd reference.it took 2days to complete interview process .interview process was good .no offer.hr was so polite .good company to work.this is the first interview i attented and it was good

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Essay writing - we were asked to pick our own topics.
    Group discussion - basic introduction about myself .
    Aptitude test - lasted for about 60 min .
    Hr round - basic accounting questions were asked .
    Very important to be flexible with shifts .
    Manager round happened after a month .
    Process takes very long .
    Almost 2 months

Interview Questions

• Derivatives ,stocks , shares ,journal entries , about nt   Answer Question