Northern Trust Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.7

Investment Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I sent in my application and within 4 days was contacted by a recruiter working with the company. The recruiter preformed a standard phone interview that lasted 15 min, asking background questions and and why I applied for that particular role, set up in person interview immediately. The process was painless and they were well prepared

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose that particular role   1 Answer

Financial Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online, had a phone screening with an HR rep from Arizona, went on after that to have an in person interview with 2 people within the department. Everyone from HR to the in person interviewers were exceptionally nice and very welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Biggest strength, area of improvements, what makes you stand out from other candidates, Why Northern Trust, Why this role   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Friendly atmosphere. Go in for a formal interview, if you move on you do an additional phone interview. Process takes about 3-4 weeks. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The interview was more a discussion on the role and if hired the training that would follow

Interview Questions

• General Banking and Financial questions
      Behavioral Questions
      Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The process was very quick. I applied through my university and got an interview within the week. The interview itself was one on one and very casual. The interview was about 30 min.

Intern Interview

Application

Interview

One on campus interview and then super day. Only got through on campus and then they took over 2 months to contact me telling me I wasn't invited to the super day.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

First interview was through Skype video call and it was about behavior. The second interview was with the hiring manager and it was more focused on technical questions with a little of behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Associate Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, the next week got a phone interview for about 15 mins, and then scheduled in person interview the next week. The in-person interview was 5- 30mins interviews which consisted of 2 vice presidents, managers, or team leads in each. A lot of behavioral questions was what I was asked, my work experience, etc. It took about 3 weeks after the interview to get a call back from HR with an offer.

Division Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

I has a pone screening with two individuals, provided an online application/resume submission and then attended an person interview with 4 people which lasted about 3 hours. The interviews with the four individuals were very informative and interactive. They each lasted 30-45 minutes. Post that I had follow up phone conversations with the recruiting manager and who would be my direct report. The recruiter was very responsive and gave upfront expectations on when feedback would be provided.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you can improve upon? Are you comfortable managing a team?   1 Answer

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

They offered a Skype interview a few days after I applied. Skype interview lasted about 15 minutes. We talked about my resume and I answered a few questions. Interview was straightforward and impersonal.

Mobile and Alternate Channel Delivery Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through INROADS. First interview was behavioral (Skype). A week later, scheduled a second interview with a manager. Mostly technical questions. (Skype). Asked a lot of questions on the technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What do you know about Northern Trust?
      Describe a time you were innovative
      Describe a time you were in a team environment
      Explain one of the four Object Oriented Programming principles.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

n/a