Northern Trust Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.7

145 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

5-7 boilerplate interview questions. They don't take kindly to a lack of work related experience, a little weird considering I was applying to an internship but whatever. Considering the other interviewees (and myself) I met in the lobby it was obvious they were looking for minorities to hire.

Interview Questions

• What classes have you taken? Do you know excel? Ever moved into a fast paced working environment?   1 Answer

Analyst, Financial Reporting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

A month after I replied I received an email to schedule a phone interview with a recruiter from Arizona. Standard phone interview was conducted and set up an in person interview about 3 days later in the Chicago office. The in person interview was conducted by two managers in the Financial Reporting department. Both managers asked questions back and forth. Interview lasted about 40 mins. After my interview sent thank you emails to both managers. Stay on top of recruiters if you want any type of feedback whether that be a job offer or not because they will not contact if you did not get the job unless you are a bug about it.

Interview Questions

• Questions about background, work experience, 5 year goal, why Northern Trust, why financial reporting, etc. The last question was why should they pick you over another candidate   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Received an email to set up a phone interview with a recruiter. After the phone screen it took him a few days to finally confirm an in person. The interview lasted about an hour.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

All technical round except one(that is Manager Round). Technical panel was good. White board,white paper interview process.Manager round includes explaining about projects that you have worked upon. a written test for Logical,Technical and basics included.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

They called me for a phone interview a few days after I applied. At the end of the phone interview, they asked me to come in for an in-person interview at their corporate HQ. The interview was only about 15 minutes and a week later they got back to me with an offer. The process was very quick relative to other interviews I've gone through with other companies.

Interview Questions

• They described the role and then asked me how my prior experience would make me a good fit in the job.
      *Each analyst position has a different focus so it depends on the position you apply for.   Answer Question

Investment Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I sent in my application and within 4 days was contacted by a recruiter working with the company. The recruiter preformed a standard phone interview that lasted 15 min, asking background questions and and why I applied for that particular role, set up in person interview immediately. The process was painless and they were well prepared

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose that particular role   1 Answer

Financial Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online, had a phone screening with an HR rep from Arizona, went on after that to have an in person interview with 2 people within the department. Everyone from HR to the in person interviewers were exceptionally nice and very welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Biggest strength, area of improvements, what makes you stand out from other candidates, Why Northern Trust, Why this role   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Friendly atmosphere. Go in for a formal interview, if you move on you do an additional phone interview. Process takes about 3-4 weeks. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The interview was more a discussion on the role and if hired the training that would follow

Interview Questions

• General Banking and Financial questions
      Behavioral Questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The first interview was a Skype interview with the intern recruiter. The second interview was a phone interview with the managers of the teams I would be working with. The first interview was behavioral while the second one was a little bit more technical.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you received criticism and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

A few phone calls with one in person interview that showed you the ropes of the company and the every day operations on how they do business. It is clear they try to look for top talent but they seem to miss their mark based on the amount of turnover and other indicators.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult. Mostly about yourself   1 Answer