Northern Trust Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 26, 2017

2.7

Financial Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online, had a phone screening with an HR rep from Arizona, went on after that to have an in person interview with 2 people within the department. Everyone from HR to the in person interviewers were exceptionally nice and very welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Biggest strength, area of improvements, what makes you stand out from other candidates, Why Northern Trust, Why this role   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The process was very quick. I applied through my university and got an interview within the week. The interview itself was one on one and very casual. The interview was about 30 min.

Application

Interview

One on campus interview and then super day. Only got through on campus and then they took over 2 months to contact me telling me I wasn't invited to the super day.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

First interview was through Skype video call and it was about behavior. The second interview was with the hiring manager and it was more focused on technical questions with a little of behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Associate Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, the next week got a phone interview for about 15 mins, and then scheduled in person interview the next week. The in-person interview was 5- 30mins interviews which consisted of 2 vice presidents, managers, or team leads in each. A lot of behavioral questions was what I was asked, my work experience, etc. It took about 3 weeks after the interview to get a call back from HR with an offer.

Division Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

I has a pone screening with two individuals, provided an online application/resume submission and then attended an person interview with 4 people which lasted about 3 hours. The interviews with the four individuals were very informative and interactive. They each lasted 30-45 minutes. Post that I had follow up phone conversations with the recruiting manager and who would be my direct report. The recruiter was very responsive and gave upfront expectations on when feedback would be provided.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you can improve upon? Are you comfortable managing a team?   1 Answer

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

They offered a Skype interview a few days after I applied. Skype interview lasted about 15 minutes. We talked about my resume and I answered a few questions. Interview was straightforward and impersonal.

Mobile and Alternate Channel Delivery Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through INROADS. First interview was behavioral (Skype). A week later, scheduled a second interview with a manager. Mostly technical questions. (Skype). Asked a lot of questions on the technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What do you know about Northern Trust?
      Describe a time you were innovative
      Describe a time you were in a team environment
      Explain one of the four Object Oriented Programming principles.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

n/a

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

3 step process
    Phone interview
    In person
    Meet with 6 executives for 30 minutes each. Asked about my resume, experiences and what separates me from other individuals. Have a sense of what your department does

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Mainly behavioral questions and also asked about my excel proficiency. First round interview was on Skype with a recruiter and the second round was with a manager in the department I applied for. Second round was a lot more relaxed than first I must say, but that will depend on the person you speak.

Interview Questions

• WHAT IS your proficiency level with excel?   4 Answers

Negotiation

NOne