Northern Trust Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northern Trust Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 1, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

3 step process
Phone interview
In person
Meet with 6 executives for 30 minutes each. Asked about my resume, experiences and what separates me from other individuals. Have a sense of what your department does

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northern Trust

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted for an interview with HR, which went well. About a month later, I was called back for an interview with a hiring manager and several other managers, which also went well. Then, I was offered a position pending "successful completion of a background check." This stage went on for about 2 months, with HR continually pushing back the start date while not giving a reason. Eventually, I discovered that the offer had been withdrawn, based on a mistake that their background service made, with no chance to correct it. Now, I'm unemployed and can't even get unemployment insurance because I quit my prior job on receipt of this offer. It was a terrible experience, to say the least.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

i only interviewed with one manager as I was over qualified for the role I was applying for and over prepared for the interview. However, typically you would interview with a number of people on the team, who are usually very nice and pleasant. Just remember we are all human and they will be looking for your personal qualities as much as professional ones as they want to see if you are a good fit for the team

Interview Questions

• Question related to analysis of financial statements of a company   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

HR called me and set up an interview the next week. I was suppose to meet up with three managers but they had an emergency at the department and I ended up meeting the Head department. The manager explained the position and asked me the usual questions (situational Q), I wasn't asked any technical Finance/Accounting Q's. I finished the interview in 30 minutes which I thought was too short but to be honest there was nothing more to say. I wasn't asked a lot of the silly questions where they tell you "tell us about a situation where you disagreed with a boss or when you used your creativity and the like!!"

Interview Questions

• We interviewed 2 very qualified candidates for this position, why should we hire you over them?   2 Answers

Negotiation

It is an entry level position and they offered me the max in the range so I didn't care to negotiate because I know it is fixed and I was satisfied.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in August 2009.

Interview

Quick phone interview and meeting with multiple managers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

there were 4 rounds gd apptitude hr n tecnical interview porcess is very long its very important to brush up on accounting skills be confident.. in gd for general topics were listed u have to choose one n speak for a min .. in apptitude accounts eng n reasoning que were given each for 20 min, HR round is oly a causal talk .. after 3 weeks i was called for a tecnical round

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Attended interview for the profile of financial amalyst , there were 4 rounds of interview , GD ,APTI , HR AND OPERATIONS ROUND, the apti was pretty tough .The HR who interviewed me had more than a decade of experience at NT.The HR asked few questions on derivates and also told me to write and explain about derivatives and he asked me about financial markets too.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

GD, Aptitude, HR and manager round. I cleared every round and selected for manager round. I also attended manager round. But not yet got any call from them. Hope I will get the call from them soon.

Interview Questions

• About Accounts and Finance basics   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

reporting time was 9 am, they came at 10.30am . the process is little lengthy, they are not quick in action .1st round tell about yourself. 2nd round aptitude. 3rd round HR round questions like money market, capital market, items traded in stock market

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Mangalore (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

It was my first interview ever. I cleared Group Discussion, aptitude test without any problem. The technical interview was a bit challenging since it was new experience. No negotiation with HR on salary was possible and had to accept whatever they offered.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about BRS, views on market risk, whether I was a gambler etc.   Answer Question