Northern Trust Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 19, 2017

2.8

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

3 step process
Phone interview
In person
Meet with 6 executives for 30 minutes each. Asked about my resume, experiences and what separates me from other individuals. Have a sense of what your department does

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northern Trust

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted for an interview with HR, which went well. About a month later, I was called back for an interview with a hiring manager and several other managers, which also went well. Then, I was offered a position pending "successful completion of a background check." This stage went on for about 2 months, with HR continually pushing back the start date while not giving a reason. Eventually, I discovered that the offer had been withdrawn, based on a mistake that their background service made, with no chance to correct it. Now, I'm unemployed and can't even get unemployment insurance because I quit my prior job on receipt of this offer. It was a terrible experience, to say the least.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

i only interviewed with one manager as I was over qualified for the role I was applying for and over prepared for the interview. However, typically you would interview with a number of people on the team, who are usually very nice and pleasant. Just remember we are all human and they will be looking for your personal qualities as much as professional ones as they want to see if you are a good fit for the team

Interview Questions

• Question related to analysis of financial statements of a company   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

HR called me and set up an interview the next week. I was suppose to meet up with three managers but they had an emergency at the department and I ended up meeting the Head department. The manager explained the position and asked me the usual questions (situational Q), I wasn't asked any technical Finance/Accounting Q's. I finished the interview in 30 minutes which I thought was too short but to be honest there was nothing more to say. I wasn't asked a lot of the silly questions where they tell you "tell us about a situation where you disagreed with a boss or when you used your creativity and the like!!"

Interview Questions

• We interviewed 2 very qualified candidates for this position, why should we hire you over them?   2 Answers

Negotiation

It is an entry level position and they offered me the max in the range so I didn't care to negotiate because I know it is fixed and I was satisfied.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in August 2009.

Interview

Quick phone interview and meeting with multiple managers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

The Interview is 4 elaborate rounds before HR, I was informed. They are - Aptitude, GD, Techincal, Analytical. The final round is HR.
    Reporting time was 8am for me but the process started at like 11.20. Around 200 candidates were there both from UG and PG. (if you are attending an interview think about how you are going to stand out among all these people and also please make sure you are perfect in your theory and concepts of finance).

If you are going through employee referrals it may take more than 8 hours for 2 rounds of interview depending on the crowd. Today was a Saturday so there were no other employees and the people did not organize it well as they were under staffed to handle 300 people.

Interview Questions

• Did not get through aptitude. Aptitude had 3 sections.
      1. Finance - but also had logical reasoning combined. Nothing from concepts of boats & streams, trains, permutation combination, series, time & distance, ages were on it. I had a lot of problems that focused profit & loss, percentages, equation based and logical reasoning.
      2. English Grammar - very basic and easy - was/were, tenses, find the error, prepositions.
      3. Attention to detail - my favourite section because it's like those whatsapp messages you get - find the number 8 amongst like 50 random numbers, The questions were really fun and basically tested on how good you are at identifying things and matching it to certain criteria. Questions also like "find the digit/letter pair in the eighth position in the following" and they gave random numbers and letters.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

There were four long rounds which comprised of aptitude.GD,technical and HR.
    Aptitude was easy but GD was a bit intense and technical for me was a bit easy but for others it seemed most difficult.HR was as usual just personal things.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

BASIC but through
    Round one was aptitude test (60 mins) it is similar to an MBA or Banking entrance exam. MAT LEVEL.
    Round two is Group Discussion. They give you a topic to debate over. The topic was 'is FDI good or bad for India'?
    Round 3 was technical round. Approximately 15 questions were asked. Basic portfolio knowledge, Basic excel, Speed math.

Interview Questions

• if i give you 400000 how will you invest it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

there were 4 rounds gd apptitude hr n tecnical interview porcess is very long its very important to brush up on accounting skills be confident.. in gd for general topics were listed u have to choose one n speak for a min .. in apptitude accounts eng n reasoning que were given each for 20 min, HR round is oly a causal talk .. after 3 weeks i was called for a tecnical round

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Attended interview for the profile of financial amalyst , there were 4 rounds of interview , GD ,APTI , HR AND OPERATIONS ROUND, the apti was pretty tough .The HR who interviewed me had more than a decade of experience at NT.The HR asked few questions on derivates and also told me to write and explain about derivatives and he asked me about financial markets too.