Northern Trust Fund Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northern Trust Fund Accountant Interview Questions

Updated Jan 24, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

They offered a Skype interview a few days after I applied. Skype interview lasted about 15 minutes. We talked about my resume and I answered a few questions. Interview was straightforward and impersonal.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northern Trust

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone call followed by an in person interview at their office. I met with the recruiter as well as a few team leads and mangers of the department.

Interview Questions

• What stood out to me about Northern Trust?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Meet with two associates and HR representatives. Everyone was nice. They explained the position and the requirements. Asked me questions about my present employer and why I was looking for another position. After I met with them I never got a response from them.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualify for the position   1 Answer

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust in July 2011.

Interview

Employee referral and very smooth process.

My friend who worked at Northern submitted my resume to his manager and I applied for the position online. HR called me for a phone screen and I interviewed with HR and the managers a week or two later. Few days later HR called with an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

I first met with a member of HR, which consisted of a brief conversation about my past experiences and why i want to work at Northern Trust. Next I met with the manager of the group, which was more laid back. Last, I met with a supervisor and coworker in the group to which I was asked general behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What are you biggest strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a situation where you had a difficult team member and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in November 2007.

Interview

Met with the HR consultant and had a quick overview of the company and position, then interviewed with the section manager and team leader of the actual fund accounting team I would be working with. No second interview, job offer after 1st.

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2011.

Interview

First round with HR on basic interaction and knowledge level check on capital market

Interview Questions

• technical round is with sectional manager and might get difficult at times.. it went on for about 45 mins   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northern Trust in January 2008.

Interview

The main round is 1 st round that is the Group discussion and 2 nd one written test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It is fixed for Analsyt and seniors. But for officers and above it is nego