Northern Trust Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

142 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst, Financial Reporting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

A month after I replied I received an email to schedule a phone interview with a recruiter from Arizona. Standard phone interview was conducted and set up an in person interview about 3 days later in the Chicago office. The in person interview was conducted by two managers in the Financial Reporting department. Both managers asked questions back and forth. Interview lasted about 40 mins. After my interview sent thank you emails to both managers. Stay on top of recruiters if you want any type of feedback whether that be a job offer or not because they will not contact if you did not get the job unless you are a bug about it.

Interview Questions

• Questions about background, work experience, 5 year goal, why Northern Trust, why financial reporting, etc. The last question was why should they pick you over another candidate   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Received an email to set up a phone interview with a recruiter. After the phone screen it took him a few days to finally confirm an in person. The interview lasted about an hour.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

All technical round except one(that is Manager Round). Technical panel was good. White board,white paper interview process.Manager round includes explaining about projects that you have worked upon. a written test for Logical,Technical and basics included.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northern Trust in June 2017.

Interview

It was the first round and while the interview went well it came down to visa. but overall it was a good experience. the position was for a consultant and i was referred by an employee

Investment Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I sent in my application and within 4 days was contacted by a recruiter working with the company. The recruiter preformed a standard phone interview that lasted 15 min, asking background questions and and why I applied for that particular role, set up in person interview immediately. The process was painless and they were well prepared

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose that particular role   1 Answer

Financial Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online, had a phone screening with an HR rep from Arizona, went on after that to have an in person interview with 2 people within the department. Everyone from HR to the in person interviewers were exceptionally nice and very welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Biggest strength, area of improvements, what makes you stand out from other candidates, Why Northern Trust, Why this role   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Friendly atmosphere. Go in for a formal interview, if you move on you do an additional phone interview. Process takes about 3-4 weeks. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The interview was more a discussion on the role and if hired the training that would follow

Interview Questions

• General Banking and Financial questions
      Behavioral Questions   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Tempe, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

After 2 weeks I submitted my resume online, I was contacted by a recruiter. The interview only took around 10 mins. Some basic background check and ask the salary expectation.

Interview Questions

• What is your expected salary?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL).

Interview

One on campus interview and then super day. Only got through on campus and then they took over 2 months to contact me telling me I wasn't invited to the super day.

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

They offered a Skype interview a few days after I applied. Skype interview lasted about 15 minutes. We talked about my resume and I answered a few questions. Interview was straightforward and impersonal.