Northern Trust Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.9

Financial Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online, had a phone screening with an HR rep from Arizona, went on after that to have an in person interview with 2 people within the department. Everyone from HR to the in person interviewers were exceptionally nice and very welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Biggest strength, area of improvements, what makes you stand out from other candidates, Why Northern Trust, Why this role   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Tempe, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

After 2 weeks I submitted my resume online, I was contacted by a recruiter. The interview only took around 10 mins. Some basic background check and ask the salary expectation.

Interview Questions

• What is your expected salary?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL).

Interview

One on campus interview and then super day. Only got through on campus and then they took over 2 months to contact me telling me I wasn't invited to the super day.

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

They offered a Skype interview a few days after I applied. Skype interview lasted about 15 minutes. We talked about my resume and I answered a few questions. Interview was straightforward and impersonal.

Senior Analyst Hedge Fund Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone interview was the basic screening process asking about goals, salary requirements, basic qualifications, etc. Only took about 15 minutes. I came in the following week for an in person interview and met with four members of the team. The interview had barely any technical questions and was mostly focused on getting to know you and making sure you were a good fit with the team. Good experience overall.

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone call followed by an in person interview at their office. I met with the recruiter as well as a few team leads and mangers of the department.

Interview Questions

• What stood out to me about Northern Trust?   1 Answer

Treasury Risk Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview process was quick and efficient. Met with the HR rep then the colleague finally the manager. The longest part was hearing back, I was told I was one the final contenders and that it why it took so long.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would tackle a regulation implementation that you've never encountered before   1 Answer
    • As we regularly present to boards and committes, detail how you would prepare for a presentation   1 Answer

Associate Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was delayed and very sketchy ... two people just stroll in and barely had any questions . They had decided before they entered I could see that . I have a double degre in accounting yet this place appoints ppl without accounting degree of experience ... ppl who have worked for McDonald's have gotten positions i interviewed for here . Hiring is skewed .

Interview Questions

• What do you think of the work schedule ? Since it is from 11 am to 7 pm .   1 Answer

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview was scheduled within a week after applying. Met with HR, immediate supervisor and next level manager individually at the same interview, which was convenient. HR informed me decision would be made quickly, within a week or two, but it took 2 months for a decision to be made. A lot of scenario questions.. give me an example of how you handled this.

Senior Consultant Hedge Fund Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed a week later. I interviewed with 5 people in one day. Everyone made me feel very comfortable and the interview was more conversational and focused on my background. There were very few behavioral and technical questions. I spent way too much time preparing for technical questions, which probably hurt me in the end. I'd recommend directing preparation to your background and achievements. As others have mentioned, bring water. The interviews were each 30 min long and right on top of eachother so I didn't get a chance to get up for a break. I was told that a decision would be made within 2 weeks and then I never heard one way or another if a decision had been made.