Northern Trust Business Analyst- Accounting and IT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northern Trust Business Analyst- Accounting and IT Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst- Accounting and IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

panel phone interveiw to be followed by in person interview.

position was as a fixed income acccounting/it process business analyst to assess if a new software FA package (TPG) was accounting for process flows correctly.

panel consisted of the project manger and a "financial/accounting" sme (subject matter expert).

I prepared by reviewing the accounting litature for hedges/derivatives/ fx accounting etc

interview steps:

1.detailed accounting questions form the sme -- icnluding how you account for bonds and my past experince "setting up" for fasb 91 accounting. NT is going to start full fas 91 accounting. I had little experience with this so that did not go well

2. Next, the Project manager asked about soft ba skills such as how wouldl IA gather requjirements, what steps would i use etc. He also asked about several industry terms used by the fixed income traders. for exsample how would I define volitility if atrader sais he nmeeded a report to include volitility.

therre were supposed to be several others on the con call , but, they had been re assigned to a new project.

they did not pursue it futherr than the phone interview. My understandiong is they were going to use an internal resource or a big three consultant to handle this instead of a contract consultant.

Interview Questions

• experience installing/accounting for fas 91   1 Answer