Northern Trust Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northern Trust Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

2.8

Interview

Completed all the rounds in a day, and was given offer letter in two days.

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview

Short phone interview followed by an onsite interview that lasted for a little more than an hour. The questions were all very basic. I feel like I didn't have to try at all. The first interview was with the recruiter and the second two were with two VPs. The position was not described very well to me at all. It was a new team so I felt that no one really knew what was going on at the time but they were very nice about it.

Interview Questions

• The questions were extremely basic. They just wanted to gain a very in-depth understanding of my prior experience and what I am capable of.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview

2 rounds, HR and department managers. General questions asked about past experience and motivation to join the organisation.

HFS Interview

Interview

three one on one interviews

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview

had one interview that lasted an HR and Half, HR is really slow at letting you know if you got the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

wasn't one

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview

fisrt there was a test which consist of basic maths etc
    then there was a hr round then technical round

Analyst Interview

Interview

4 rounds

Interview Questions

• GD will be bit tricky. Have to be careful in HR round.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst (IOO) Interview

Interview

Got a phone call to come in for an interview. Was supposed to be a 2 part interview but the HR lady wasn't in the office, so I went directly to the 3 panel interview with the VP of the IOO department and two team leads. They pretty much started bombarding me with questions and didn't do a good job explaining the role... And believe me I researched as much as I could, I'm sure you guys have realized how vague NT's job postings are if you are reading this. Most of the questions were pretty standard though. Be ready to defend your resume.

Interview Questions

• How long does it take for you to get money after you sell a stock?   Answer Question

Analyst, Alternative Investments Interview

Interview

I met with two team leaders and two hiring managers respectively, they have two openings at that time under alternative investments division but different groups. It was straight two hours interview and interviewers are very nice. Basically team leaders introduced the details of job responsibilities and hiring managers are the ones did the very formal interview. They are interested in knowing very perspective of a interviewee, not just school stuff. They want to know that you are willing to be on the top of everything and plan before hand.

Interview Questions

• I felt like probably I gave one of the hiring managers the impression of being very aggressive, when I said I was volunteering in helping kids with their science projects, he asked in what kind of way I was working with the kids. He probably thought I would put my thoughts on the kids instead of using their own ideas I guess. I was a little bit worried.   Answer Question

Drone Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview

Minimal compared to other places.
    No hard questions.
    Mostly can you get along

Interview Questions

• never had a difficult or unexpected question the who time ive been there   1 Answer