Northern Trust Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 27, 2017

2.7

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

First interview was through Skype video call and it was about behavior. The second interview was with the hiring manager and it was more focused on technical questions with a little of behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Northern Trust (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed thru a 3rd party contracting house. Phone interview with the contracting clerk, and one other business analyst. In Person interview with Director, 2 senior engineers and 2 senior business analysts -- in a conference room round table. More conversational then anything else -- they didn't test my skills / knowledge. Didn't provide any case studies, etc.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my last project at CVS.   1 Answer

Associate Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, the next week got a phone interview for about 15 mins, and then scheduled in person interview the next week. The in-person interview was 5- 30mins interviews which consisted of 2 vice presidents, managers, or team leads in each. A lot of behavioral questions was what I was asked, my work experience, etc. It took about 3 weeks after the interview to get a call back from HR with an offer.

Division Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

I has a pone screening with two individuals, provided an online application/resume submission and then attended an person interview with 4 people which lasted about 3 hours. The interviews with the four individuals were very informative and interactive. They each lasted 30-45 minutes. Post that I had follow up phone conversations with the recruiting manager and who would be my direct report. The recruiter was very responsive and gave upfront expectations on when feedback would be provided.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you can improve upon? Are you comfortable managing a team?   1 Answer

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

They offered a Skype interview a few days after I applied. Skype interview lasted about 15 minutes. We talked about my resume and I answered a few questions. Interview was straightforward and impersonal.

Mobile and Alternate Channel Delivery Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through INROADS. First interview was behavioral (Skype). A week later, scheduled a second interview with a manager. Mostly technical questions. (Skype). Asked a lot of questions on the technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What do you know about Northern Trust?
      Describe a time you were innovative
      Describe a time you were in a team environment
      Explain one of the four Object Oriented Programming principles.   Answer Question

Negotiation

n/a

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

3 step process
    Phone interview
    In person
    Meet with 6 executives for 30 minutes each. Asked about my resume, experiences and what separates me from other individuals. Have a sense of what your department does

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (New Brunswick, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a Skype interview and then a phone call interview. Basic behavioral questions, nothing crazy. If you wanna do good in these kinds of interviews, I would suggest that you learn more about the interviewers themselves. Learn a fun fact about him or her and then build upon it.

Also review what the company does and check out the awards that they got.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about yourself?
      Tell me what Northern Trust does.
      Tell me some of the classes you took that would help you?
      Tell me about your harshest criticism you received.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Mainly behavioral questions and also asked about my excel proficiency. First round interview was on Skype with a recruiter and the second round was with a manager in the department I applied for. Second round was a lot more relaxed than first I must say, but that will depend on the person you speak.

Interview Questions

• WHAT IS your proficiency level with excel?   4 Answers

Negotiation

NOne

Senior Analyst Hedge Fund Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone interview was the basic screening process asking about goals, salary requirements, basic qualifications, etc. Only took about 15 minutes. I came in the following week for an in person interview and met with four members of the team. The interview had barely any technical questions and was mostly focused on getting to know you and making sure you were a good fit with the team. Good experience overall.