Northern Trust Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.8

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone call followed by an in person interview at their office. I met with the recruiter as well as a few team leads and mangers of the department.

Interview Questions

• What stood out to me about Northern Trust?   1 Answer

Technical Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Phone screening over the phone. We went over my resume and job experience. An interview was set several weeks later. The actual interview consisted of a video teleconference with multiple hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• There were a lot of behavioral based questions. Tell me a time when you had multiple projects due and not enough time to finish them all.   1 Answer

Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Tempe, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

Met with recruiter, gave opinions on how to be successful with next interview, met with executives who are very interested in you past employment. They ask questions about what your previous work has done that can translate to your position at northern trust. One thing I liked is that the recruiter helped you with tips on what to do and not do with future interviews in the company.

Treasury Risk Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview process was quick and efficient. Met with the HR rep then the colleague finally the manager. The longest part was hearing back, I was told I was one the final contenders and that it why it took so long.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would tackle a regulation implementation that you've never encountered before   1 Answer
    • As we regularly present to boards and committes, detail how you would prepare for a presentation   1 Answer

Associate Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was delayed and very sketchy ... two people just stroll in and barely had any questions . They had decided before they entered I could see that . I have a double degre in accounting yet this place appoints ppl without accounting degree of experience ... ppl who have worked for McDonald's have gotten positions i interviewed for here . Hiring is skewed .

Interview Questions

• What do you think of the work schedule ? Since it is from 11 am to 7 pm .   1 Answer

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview was scheduled within a week after applying. Met with HR, immediate supervisor and next level manager individually at the same interview, which was convenient. HR informed me decision would be made quickly, within a week or two, but it took 2 months for a decision to be made. A lot of scenario questions.. give me an example of how you handled this.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process did take a while for a call in for an interview but overall, the interview was fun, conversational, and I was offered a position the very same day.

Funding Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Smooth, I was told fast that had gotten the position. Questions were straight to the point. 2 people in the panel. I didn't know the job but they offered training which gave me a lot of peace of mind.

Institutional Fund Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I interviewed at Northern Trust (Tempe, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview with a recruiter, then an in person with the managers of the department. Really laid back and easy, questions were run if the mill, nothing too technical or difficult.

Senior Consultant Hedge Fund Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed a week later. I interviewed with 5 people in one day. Everyone made me feel very comfortable and the interview was more conversational and focused on my background. There were very few behavioral and technical questions. I spent way too much time preparing for technical questions, which probably hurt me in the end. I'd recommend directing preparation to your background and achievements. As others have mentioned, bring water. The interviews were each 30 min long and right on top of eachother so I didn't get a chance to get up for a break. I was told that a decision would be made within 2 weeks and then I never heard one way or another if a decision had been made.