Northern Trust Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.8

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

There was one phone interview, followed by in person interviews with two managers. Overall, very easy interviews. Perhaps, since this was for an entry level position, one of the persons who interviewed me simply informed me about what NT's core business functions and asked if I had any questions.

Senior Trust Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Denver, CO).

Interview

I found the job through Indeed and applied through Northerner's website. I received a phone call from HR. They did an initial screening that consisted of a few basic questions. Next there was an in person interview with other members of the team.Overall, it was a normal interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a difficult client.
      How are you going to bring in new business   Answer Question

Rotational Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL).

Interview

1st round - behavioral interview. Inquired about general company questions, and personality questions.
    2nd round - interview with potential managers. Met with 5 managers. Spoke about prior experience, interest in potential rotations, and why you are interested in the specific track.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Series of calls and then multiple on site visits. Fairly lengthy process concerned more on fit than aptitude. Lengthy discussions around my background and previous work experience. First step was an into call with Human resources department. Next step was phone interview with hiring manager then one in person interview with various members of the team. Then two more interviews with the rest of the team and again with hiring manager.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview

For a mid-level job, the number of interviews was excessive. Noticed this with other new hires as well. Some came in several times for a total number of meetings over 10. Interviews with a manager, one or two stakeholders and possibly an executive should be enough for any firm unless it's an executive hire.

Alternative Investments Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

This particular interview process was very smooth, even though Northern is typically known for having a very long and difficult process due to lags in the human resource department. if you do not get the job after an interview the managers or human resources will not contact you to notify you.

Interview Questions

• tell me about the most difficult time in your life and how you handled it? Tell me about your current position? Why should I hire you?   1 Answer

Client Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview

Phone Screen 2 weeks after online application, 1 on 1 with Manager of Client Support Services one week later, then with 3-person panel of partners 2 weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Northern Trust   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Three rounds of interview. Phone screening by the HR followed by personal interviews with three team members. Overall the process was smooth and went fairly quickly. They did not provide and lunch or offer a drink during the interview, which was strange.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process took a pretty long time. I didn't get a phone interview for a month after I applied, and it took another month for an in person interview to be set up. The position I ended up interviewing for was different than the one I applied for. While the interview went reasonably well, the managers conducting it didn't seem to have read my resume. They also were pretty blunt about the hours required for the job (80+/week) and how repetitive it was, which I appreciated, but which also gave me a negative outlook on the position. They didn't end up making an offer to me for another 3 months, by which point I had moved on.

Account Relationship Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Very fast and encouraging hiring process. The interviewers were kind and professional. Most of the questions were behavioral. It felt like there was a bit of good cop bad cop dynamics with the change in who interviewed me but overall a very positive experience. It would be nice if there was a higher salary for the position, but a company as great as Northern Trust is worth a lower pay for a chance to get in.