Northern Trust Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in June 2010.

Interview

I was an employee referral. First conversation was with HR. I deliberately asked if financial experience was required for the position since I did not have it. If it was, then we should not continue with the interviewing process. She said she would check with the hiring manager. Two days later, I received a call to schedule and interview with the hiring manager, her boss and another VP. The interviews went well and varied a lot. The first one was a great discussion, the second was a lecture where I just listened to someone who liked to hear himself talk and the third was with the hiring manager who would not stop saying how this position required financial experience. HA! So it was all for nothing. I was told I would be notified the following week of next steps. When I did not hear back I sent several emails ( I guess I like torturing myself since I was emailing to just get the decline.) Finally I received a phone call from the HR person who told me, get this, that they hired someone with financial experience. Funny thing though, the job was reposted about six weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What should we be doing to grow our business from a social media standpoint?   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to work in the financial industry?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northern Trust

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Northern Trust in June 2012.

Interview

First it was a screened phone interview, then I was called into the office to interview for the position. It took 3 hours and I met with everyone in the department. 2 weeks later I was called back for another round of interviews and that took 2 hours and I met with everyone again.

Interview Questions