Northrop Grumman Interview Questions in Baltimore, MD | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.6

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Linthicum, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Linthicum, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

Was contacted through linkedin to attend a hiring event. I was given a time frame of 6 hours and was able to choose an hour slot to attend the event. Once I got the event there were a lot of people there. There were those that were very young and those who were older. There was a big mix of people with different experiences and they tried their best to find you a position where your skills would be used and find everyone a job. I met with two engineering managers and they both had different roles in the company. The main thing they asked were the experiences Ive had, the projects Ive worked on and why I wanted to come work here. Overall it was a great experience, very laid back interview. None of the questions were difficult to answer. It seemed like they wanted to get your personality and see if you would fit in the company, but also they wanted to see if your skills applied, which im sure if you are able to get an interview or invited to a hiring event you should have some type of skills that would fit in their ballpark.

Interview Questions

• Describe the projects you've worked on, coding experience, hardware experience, education, what you currently do at your job etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Linthicum, MD

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Linthicum, MD).

Interview

I was hired into the Professional Development Program which is a rotational program for new graduates. I had a pre-screen interview at my college campus in Pittsburgh and flew to Baltimore for more interviews before I was extended an offer. My understanding is that the hiring process has changed to lower the barriers for consideration.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about Real Time Operating Systems.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Baltimore, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

Very conversational. Met at university career fair and had an on-site interview the next day. About two weeks later was emailed about setting up a phone interview. Interviewed one week later and received feedback a week after that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself outside of work/school.   1 Answer

Professional Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Baltimore, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

Spoke to a recruiter at a career fair and had an interview the next day. Spoke to another recruiter and interviewed by phone five months later. Was offered the position the next day and given 30 days to decide.

Interview Questions

• Talk about things on your resume and are you familiar with certain techniques   Answer Question

Junior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Baltimore, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview and got a call for in person interview with in a week. The HR person was pretty laid back and the interview lasted for about an hour.

Test Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Baltimore, MD) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online and heard back from a HR representative a few weeks later. Very friendly and had a good conversation regarding my resume and my interests. Told I would be getting an interview with the hiring manager but didn't hear back from her until I contacted her first about a month later and then had an interview scheduled at the location the next week. There was a bit of a mix up about the location of my interview so we got started a little late but it was a pleasure meeting with everyone. I was interviewed by the manager, a newer employee and a senior employee and like many have said, it was more of a conversation. I kinda of told them everything about me at the beginning and everything else after that was just following up to things I already said and comparing their experiences to my own. After this I was shown around where I would be working and got to meet about everyone I would be working with. I left with a smile on my face as I really loved the place and everyone who worked there. Heard back from the HR rep a few days later and was told I would get an offer but had to be transferred to another and received my offer 2.5 weeks after my interview.

Processing Technologies/Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Was set up at the university. Came in an sat down. Asked a few question about who I am, what I am looking for and what I want to do in the future.
    Asked me some questions regarding the role and whether I would be able to do function well. Went into the technical details and he tested my competency.
    Role wasnt what I applied to. Somehow their system messed up my application and I was interviewed for a different application and role. But overall was your standard interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly OOP questions.
      What is a class/object?
      Features of OOP
      Good programming practices and what makes "good code".

Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Annapolis, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

First part was to create a profile on their careers site. Though their site you apply for a position. Then there was a pre-screen phone call to discuss basic qualifications and salary. The next day I received an email with possible interview panel participants, instructions for when and where to show up. Two weeks later the interview was performed by multiple department leads. There was a tour of the facility after the interview.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Baltimore, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

Met an engineer during the career fair of an IEEE conference. Described my somewhat unique situation and emailed her so she would get some prospects for me. I took nearly a whole month before the HR person finally arranged an interview for a standard internship (not what I was looking for).

Finally, had a phone interview with 2 separate engineering managers. They each took turns asking questions related to their line of work.
    Just basic questions about the concepts for and things I have done.
    Just be sure to review your field vocabulary and the basics of what you know, so that you don't get caught up on just the name of something.

Interview Questions

• What's Object Oriented Programing?
      Then delved deeper into the concepts of OOP and the benefits of it...
      Answer Question
    • How is FPGA development testing done? What tools are used?
      Asked deeper questions about FPGA, Simulink, etc...
      Answer Question
    • When do you use a FPGA vs. ASIC vs. Microcontroller vs. etc?   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Baltimore, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

It was Group-interview. Was really good. 2 persons took my interview, seemed really nice and proficient. Questions were pretty average. It took me about 30 minutes for the entire process.

Interview Questions

• About the last project, be prepare to talk about last project. Asked about SQL experience, Automation experience.   1 Answer
    • How did you work with Soap-UI?   Answer Question