Northrop Grumman Interview Questions in Boulder, CO | Glassdoor

2.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Boulder, CO) in October 2009.

Interview

Standard phone interview and in person

Interview Questions

Linux Systems Administrator III/IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Boulder, CO).

Interview

Two weeks after I applied, a Northrop recruiter with 'Contr' in their email address (hint hint) requested three pieces of information; interview availability, target salary range and clearance status. I didn't hear a peep after replying. Then, a month later, the same person sent the exact same email requesting that information :-) I replied with the same information, at which point the hiring manager contacted me to set up an interview. The interview itself was conducted very unprofessionally. The hiring manager didn't bother to show up for the group interview, and didn't try to reschedule, so it was up to the admins to run it. The line of questioning was more about them demonstrating how "smart" they are, rather than them trying to find out what I know. I was frequently interrupted when explaining my background, and they did most of the talking, i.e. we're great, you're not. A lot of the questions were easy, but they expected the answers to be textbook verbatim. Umm, Google Search in a bind maybe? (probably why they're so behind). Not using virtualization yet (are you kidding me), confirmation from one of them it's highly stressful, and commuting down to CO Springs more than they were willing to admit; three very big red flags, and most likely not the only ones. The head admin did tell me very specifically, "Please call the manager for any additional questions you may have, since we're not allowed to discuss HR related questions." That ended up being a lie. The manager (who seemed like a joker) didn't bother to return my call with follow-up questions. The lack of professionalism and common courtesy with this particular Northrop interview ended up having a silver lining. It sounded awful. Best of luck to you, Northrop Boulder Linux team. You're going to need it.

Interview Questions

• What command do you use to format a drive in Linux?   1 Answer