Northrop Grumman Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 29, 2017

2.5

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (El Segundo, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The Hiring Manager and Staff were all incredibly friendly and accommodating, which set a great tone for what the culture and workday environment would look like. However, after many weeks (7) and many phone and in-person interviews (including a four-hour session) I never heard back from anyone. I followed-up twice just to check-in, but received no response. I certainly understand if they chose another candidate, but I think it's a professional courtesy to at least let me know considering how far along the process I went-- not to mention the hours I had devoted to the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about how I would handle actual data issues they're currently experiencing.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northrop Grumman

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very nice people. However... I had multiple phone interviews, each lasting well over an hour. After finally making it to an in-person interview weeks later that lasted for four hours, I thought things were pretty strong in my favor. And yet, after missing work for the interview and spending many, many hours on the phone, it was like I dropped off the planet. I sent a few follow-up emails over the course of the next month, just to see if they had moved on to another applicant, but I received no response. I think that after this much time is spent in an interview process, the least they can do is send me an email saying "no thanks". But then, a month later-- I got another call saying that they would still like to consider me, which was great! After weeks and weeks of just a couple of follow-up emails, I finally got a casual note saying, "I'm sorry, there aren't any positions available right now." I think this is incredibly unprofessional and poor, especially from a company the size of Northrop.

Interview Questions

• What kinds of database systems have you worked with in the past?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Woodlawn, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Woodlawn, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

Try to get someone to refer you. They get a bonus and you get through the process faster. Still it takes months to actually start the job after the interview. In the interview, you're asked if you can use VIsio, ALM etc, which are the basic tools you should be able to use if you're applying any analyst position.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever done manual and or automated testing.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in May 2015.

Interview

30 minute phone call mostly telling me about the job responsibilities. The phone interview seemed a little rushed with very few questions asked. The questions asked were basic behavior questions and not technical. HR takes forever to update their website. It was a great learning experience overall but did not get an offer.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (McLean, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me same day I submitted my application with several followup screening questions. Once sent, the recruiter responded 3 days later indicating the hiring manager would like to interview me in person. An interview was scheduled for one week later.

The security instructions in entering the building was detailed to let me know what to expect.

On the day of the interview, a panel of three people sat me in a conference room where they asked questions about my background and my experience. They were extremely friendly and professional. Toward the end of my interview they were honest that this position may not be the best fit for me, however there was another position in which I was more suited for.

So a week later, I was called in for a second interview for the other position. The panel was two people indicating what the position would be like. Again very professional and very friendly.

I heard back with a decision in less than 3 business days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Applied through a recruiting company, after submitting resume they responded back for an in person interview for in one week. The in person interview lasted one hour, with basic interview questions about the job history. They explained the requirement very well.

The interview included both verbal and written testing.

Was given an offer the same day (due to project needs). But it is normal for it to take some time.

Interview Questions

• Explain a Gap in my employment history.
      Is BA a stop gap career path.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

brief, kinf od intimidating in front of a panel of the group but it wasnt too difficult if you come prepared. dress to impress as well as they do have a dress code depending on the group

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it was easy going not too difficult

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in August 2011.

Interview

Very easy process. Great interviewer...actually enjoyed the interview. Extremely quick follow-up.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in October 2009.

Interview

Recieved the job opportunity through a friend. Went for the interview and was offered the job a week later. I accepted the job and had to take a drug test. Once my drug test cleared i went through a 6 month background check for a security clearance. HR person who handled my interview process was very friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Explain past experiences that relate to working with the government.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation phase was non existent. I was right out of college when i got the job offer and didn't have much to offer the company besides schooling. Had a been an experienced hire i could have negotiated pay and other items.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2009.

Interview

Applied on external job site, contacted by recruiter with offer to interview. Met with panel interviewers within one week, seven interviewers who asked 20-25 structured questions. Turned interview on to panel with questions that lasted thirty minutes and discussed culture, norms and daily work requirements, management styles and potential advancements. Guided interviewers to 'off track' questions that dealt wtih interviewer's personal work interest and their desired traits for a co-worker. Interviewers were nice and seemed to accept my answers to questions with hightened interest. All were animate in their reactions and gave back positive results. I came away feeling great. I really enjoyed the interview and the people. Lots of laughs.

Received job offer within one week (via FedEx). 25% higher salary, very good benefits including continuing education.

Everyone seemed in a good mood, upbeat and having no serious hangups during the interview.

Within 4-8 months work environment changed as layoffs seemed iminent (2-6 months). Teammates seemed tense, anxious and worried. Meetings were tense with preditory actions prevalent. High drive to reduce costs with everyone expected to contribute 10-20% cost reductions.

I received job offer from another company that didn't deal with defense matters and accepted. Slightly less monies but overall a better environment.

Interview Questions

• Dealing with a difficult teammate during a difficult project.   2 Answers
    • Handling a risk that had occurred.   1 Answer
    • When confronted with a project failure, what would you do to prevent recurrence?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Congenial, not much negotiation...arrived at agreeable salary and benefits package.

Depending on your skill level, and especially experience you can ask for a better salary and better educational benefits but over all the original offer should be sufficient. If you do great work during first year you can ask for better salary.