Northrop Grumman Cyber Software Engineer I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Cyber Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Washington, DC) in March 2012.

Interview

Met company recruiter at a career fair. Did a 2:1 on-site interview. I described all technical experiences on my resume. I was asked a few other behavioral questions.

About 2 weeks later i was called in for an on-site interview with a senior engineer/manager. I re-explained technical experience on my resume. It was stated verbally at the end of the interview that I would get an offer.

I got an offer about 3-5 days later.

Interview Questions

• You seem like a hardware focused guy. Would you be interested in a position that is software focused.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my starting salary. I thought the salary was average and a 10% increase would have put it in the competitive range. I called my HR recruiter back and requested a 10% increase and stated a few reasons why. (Experience etc.).

I was told the offer was a standard college offer but that they would check. A few days later i was told an increase was not possible. I responded that i would need more time to determine if i would accept the offer at that price point. The HR recruiter called back later that day stating they could get a 5% increase.