Northrop Grumman Electrical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 5, 2017

2.1

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in February 2017.

Interview

It was mainly behavioral questions asking about how you act within a team and if a conflict arose how did you handle it. The interviewers were nice and informative. They encourage you to ask questions about the job and the company.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have an issue with a team member and if so how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northrop Grumman

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very non-stressful, asked to tell a story that had nothing to do with your resume but if you can integrate your behavioral based questions into what you have on your resume you will be complimented for it

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and shortly received an email asking for a screening interview. It was a brief call mainly asking about my resume. I was asked if I could move on to the next step of the interview process shortly after but I had to decline.

Interview Questions

• Mainly asked about my previous projects and the classes I have taken.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Meet at a school job fair, the interview process was pretty easy, mostly behavioral questions, thought I did well. I received a letter of consideration the same day but did not receive an official offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had difficulty working in a group? And how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in November 2015.

Interview

Only one interview and it was face to face- was very interactive. He asked mainly about my background, software experience and about my senior design project. He mainly just wanted to know about me and my goals in life as an electrical engineer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Shs is nice, questions are general, take 30 minutes. But I didn't hear anything back until now which is been a week

Anonymous Employee in Linthicum Heights, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Linthicum Heights, MD).

Interview

I was brought out to stay at the Double-Tree Hotel for 3 days back in 1998. It was a good time with many other potential new hires.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

We informally agreed on an amount, but the formal offer was considerably less. I made a counter offer for somewhere in between, and it was accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Baltimore, MD) in March 2011.

Interview

They fly you in to Baltimore and you have a 2 day interview located at a hotel. Well organized. Business casual - and they stress that. They want to ensure that those whom they hire will fit well into the groups - intelligence wise as well as personality.

Anonymous Employee in Linthicum, MD

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Linthicum, MD) in January 2010.

Interview

Professional

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very little room for negotiation

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in February 2008.

Interview

I got the interview through the university career fair. At first, I had an on campus interview with was mostly behavioral questions. After that I waited two months to be contacted by Northrop Grumman's HR to schedule an on-site interview which spanned three days. They offered flight tickets and hotel together with ice breaking dinner, on-site tour and finally multiple technical interviews. It was a pleasant and welcoming experience.

On site Interview:
    1st Day:
    Flying to the LA and the HR had a van to pick up the candidates to gather at the hotel. They drove us via tour buses and had a nice dinner in Manhattan Beach with managers and other candidates getting to knowing each other.

2nd Day:
    On site tour to several locations including meeting different engineering teams to discuss what they were developing and designing. Then there was a huge dinner banquet in the hotel where I was assigned to the tables according to the hiring team engineers and managers. It was a dinner where we got to communicate with different managers and engineers to know more about the specific tasks and what people they need in the particular groups I was going to interview with the next day.

3rd Day:
    This was the last day of the interview process where we were given several tour buses that drove us for the on site interview early in the morning. NGC scheduled everybody to interview at different time slots. I was scheduled to three different interviews which was the digital comm group, and two different RF groups. All three of the interviews had one to two people. The questions involved team work, basic RF knowledge, describing the projects I had done and also digital signal processing.

All three departments suggested I should go for the Digital comm system, because I had shown great interest. Some of the technical questions are:
    - DSP knowledge
    - Find the Folding Frequency
    - Direct form I and II
    - IIR and FIR filter. Write out the difference equations
    - J-K Flip Flop in DSP
    - What's the multiplication of two sinc functions in time domain so what's the frequency response?
    - QAM

Interview Questions

• What's the multiplication of two sinc functions in time domain? What's the frequency response?   1 Answer

They gave me an offer but I wanted to work closer to my home.