Northrop Grumman Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 25, 2017

2.7

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Applied online, was then invited to attend their recruitment day in San Diego office. They basically showed me around their facilities, showed me presentations about their company history, and conducted a small interview with a member of their engineering team.

Interview Questions

• How confident do you feel in your software engineering and machine learning experience.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Northrop Grumman

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Applied online and received a call within a week from a recruiter. The recruiter referred me to several positions and hiring managers for interviews. One was ultimately scheduled and the process was very simply.

Anonymous Employee in Linthicum, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Linthicum, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

Was contacted through linkedin to attend a hiring event. I was given a time frame of 6 hours and was able to choose an hour slot to attend the event. Once I got the event there were a lot of people there. There were those that were very young and those who were older. There was a big mix of people with different experiences and they tried their best to find you a position where your skills would be used and find everyone a job. I met with two engineering managers and they both had different roles in the company. The main thing they asked were the experiences Ive had, the projects Ive worked on and why I wanted to come work here. Overall it was a great experience, very laid back interview. None of the questions were difficult to answer. It seemed like they wanted to get your personality and see if you would fit in the company, but also they wanted to see if your skills applied, which im sure if you are able to get an interview or invited to a hiring event you should have some type of skills that would fit in their ballpark.

Interview Questions

• Describe the projects you've worked on, coding experience, hardware experience, education, what you currently do at your job etc.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

Out of state candidate so was flown in for an in person interview. It was an interview day for that campus so I met with many others around my age. Then had an hour long interview with a panel of engineers. All behavioral or general interest questions. No technical questions. Still waiting on results.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a teammate was not pulling his or her weight.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Irving, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process similar to most corporations how ever their response time is abysmally slow. How their going to get enough people to staff the programs they are winning is a wonder.

Interview Questions

• Do you know and understand risk management.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Azusa, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Azusa, CA).

Interview

Was called out to the Azusa facility for an event where a tour and interviews were held for selected students. About 50 students showed up from all different California universities. We were broken into two groups and while one was touring the facility the other was being called for panel (two-person) interviews. Overall the vibe was laid back and professional.

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Luis Obispo, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very friendly - business casual. Apply online, then you get called in for an interview and then you should be hearing back within a week. I will be interning with the systems and testing engineering department but was also offered a position in global operations. Global operations might be the best place for me but i picked systems in order to gain more experience on the technical side since i see myself veering away from it the farther along in my career i go.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years? , Why did you choose to apply to this position specifically? , Tell me about yourself. , What are your weaknesses? Why are you qualified for this job? , can you pass a background check?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in September 2016.

Interview

I first applied online to the position. I was then contacted by their recruiter and scheduled a phone interview. After the phone interview they requested a video interview. Once video interview was done I got an offer a week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Logan, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Logan, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

Happened at the SmallSat Conference in Utah, recruiters are there looking for students. Set it up via email a week before the conference. Mostly focused on behavior questions, how you deal with tough situations, and some teamwork questions.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Basic, tell me about your self, why do you want to work here, have you any multi disciplinary team skills. And what can you bring to the team. Finally what questions do you have for us.

Interview Questions

• What team skills and roles have you used   1 Answer