Northrop Grumman Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northrop Grumman Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.8

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Applied online and received a call within a week from a recruiter. The recruiter referred me to several positions and hiring managers for interviews. One was ultimately scheduled and the process was very simply.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northrop Grumman

Anonymous Employee in Linthicum, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Linthicum, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

Was contacted through linkedin to attend a hiring event. I was given a time frame of 6 hours and was able to choose an hour slot to attend the event. Once I got the event there were a lot of people there. There were those that were very young and those who were older. There was a big mix of people with different experiences and they tried their best to find you a position where your skills would be used and find everyone a job. I met with two engineering managers and they both had different roles in the company. The main thing they asked were the experiences Ive had, the projects Ive worked on and why I wanted to come work here. Overall it was a great experience, very laid back interview. None of the questions were difficult to answer. It seemed like they wanted to get your personality and see if you would fit in the company, but also they wanted to see if your skills applied, which im sure if you are able to get an interview or invited to a hiring event you should have some type of skills that would fit in their ballpark.

Interview Questions

• Describe the projects you've worked on, coding experience, hardware experience, education, what you currently do at your job etc.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

Out of state candidate so was flown in for an in person interview. It was an interview day for that campus so I met with many others around my age. Then had an hour long interview with a panel of engineers. All behavioral or general interest questions. No technical questions. Still waiting on results.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a teammate was not pulling his or her weight.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Irving, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process similar to most corporations how ever their response time is abysmally slow. How their going to get enough people to staff the programs they are winning is a wonder.

Interview Questions

• Do you know and understand risk management.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Azusa, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Azusa, CA).

Interview

Was called out to the Azusa facility for an event where a tour and interviews were held for selected students. About 50 students showed up from all different California universities. We were broken into two groups and while one was touring the facility the other was being called for panel (two-person) interviews. Overall the vibe was laid back and professional.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Luis Obispo, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very friendly - business casual. Apply online, then you get called in for an interview and then you should be hearing back within a week. I will be interning with the systems and testing engineering department but was also offered a position in global operations. Global operations might be the best place for me but i picked systems in order to gain more experience on the technical side since i see myself veering away from it the farther along in my career i go.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years? , Why did you choose to apply to this position specifically? , Tell me about yourself. , What are your weaknesses? Why are you qualified for this job? , can you pass a background check?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in September 2016.

Interview

I first applied online to the position. I was then contacted by their recruiter and scheduled a phone interview. After the phone interview they requested a video interview. Once video interview was done I got an offer a week later.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Basic, tell me about your self, why do you want to work here, have you any multi disciplinary team skills. And what can you bring to the team. Finally what questions do you have for us.

Interview Questions

• What team skills and roles have you used   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Professional recruiters. Well coordinated phone and onsite interview. Recruiters seem to be contractors. However, onsite interview experience was terrible. Four people have interviewed me for tow hours. During the process, some of interviewers were in and out as if there were some issues. It was very chaotic and confusing being asked same question by various people.

Interview Questions

Very unprofessional offering practice - when I check back in for the status, the hiring manager simply said "if you hear back from us, then obviously job is offered." After a few weeks offer came, simply declined. Very poor communicators.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in June 2016.

Interview

I applied on their website to several jobs and after a month I heard back from a recruiter who set up a 30 minute phone interview. The recruiter didn't have much technical knowledge so it was a very general interview to make sure I met their pre screening requirements. About a week later they set up an in person interview with a hiring manager. It was very relaxed and low pressure of which was surprising because similar contractors have been very difficult.