Northrop Grumman Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northrop Grumman Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Feb 28, 2017

2.8

Engineer Interview

Interview

Out of state candidate so was flown in for an in person interview. It was an interview day for that campus so I met with many others around my age. Then had an hour long interview with a panel of engineers. All behavioral or general interest questions. No technical questions. Still waiting on results.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a teammate was not pulling his or her weight.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northrop Grumman

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Irving, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process similar to most corporations how ever their response time is abysmally slow. How their going to get enough people to staff the programs they are winning is a wonder.

Interview Questions

• Do you know and understand risk management.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Azusa, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Azusa, CA).

Interview

Was called out to the Azusa facility for an event where a tour and interviews were held for selected students. About 50 students showed up from all different California universities. We were broken into two groups and while one was touring the facility the other was being called for panel (two-person) interviews. Overall the vibe was laid back and professional.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in September 2016.

Interview

I first applied online to the position. I was then contacted by their recruiter and scheduled a phone interview. After the phone interview they requested a video interview. Once video interview was done I got an offer a week later.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Basic, tell me about your self, why do you want to work here, have you any multi disciplinary team skills. And what can you bring to the team. Finally what questions do you have for us.

Interview Questions

• What team skills and roles have you used   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Professional recruiters. Well coordinated phone and onsite interview. Recruiters seem to be contractors. However, onsite interview experience was terrible. Four people have interviewed me for tow hours. During the process, some of interviewers were in and out as if there were some issues. It was very chaotic and confusing being asked same question by various people.

Interview Questions

Very unprofessional offering practice - when I check back in for the status, the hiring manager simply said "if you hear back from us, then obviously job is offered." After a few weeks offer came, simply declined. Very poor communicators.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in June 2016.

Interview

I applied on their website to several jobs and after a month I heard back from a recruiter who set up a 30 minute phone interview. The recruiter didn't have much technical knowledge so it was a very general interview to make sure I met their pre screening requirements. About a week later they set up an in person interview with a hiring manager. It was very relaxed and low pressure of which was surprising because similar contractors have been very difficult.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Baltimore, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

Met an engineer during the career fair of an IEEE conference. Described my somewhat unique situation and emailed her so she would get some prospects for me. I took nearly a whole month before the HR person finally arranged an interview for a standard internship (not what I was looking for).

Finally, had a phone interview with 2 separate engineering managers. They each took turns asking questions related to their line of work.
    Just basic questions about the concepts for and things I have done.
    Just be sure to review your field vocabulary and the basics of what you know, so that you don't get caught up on just the name of something.

Interview Questions

• What's Object Oriented Programing?
      Then delved deeper into the concepts of OOP and the benefits of it...
      Answer Question
    • How is FPGA development testing done? What tools are used?
      Asked deeper questions about FPGA, Simulink, etc...
      Answer Question
    • When do you use a FPGA vs. ASIC vs. Microcontroller vs. etc?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Behavioral Type Questions.
    Prepare before hand and it will be less stressful.
    My interview was over the telephone.
    Took a while to get the offer ( about two weeks) and I had already gotten another offer, which I had to accept within three so I ended up not accepting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Baltimore, MD) in November 2015.

Interview

First there was a phone interview with HR. After waiting for two months, there was a phone interview with one of the Technical managers and then an on site series of Panel interviews.