Northrop Grumman Interview Questions in Falls Church, VA | Glassdoor

2.5

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Falls Church, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

Met with three managers associated with the program and discussed the existing program, opportunities to improve the program and how my past experience would help make those improvements. There was a discussion about the changes the organization was planning and what that would mean to the position for which I was interviewing.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Falls Church, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a few weeks later I received an email from a recruiter with basic questions about my job search, ability to travel, location, etc. Two weeks later I received an invitation for a phone interview with a department manager. The phone interview was mostly about learning more about my program and to inform me about the internship. In about a week I was asked to come in to the office for an in-person interview.

The interview was formal and consisted of a panel of 3 interviewers from various facets of the department I was interviewing in. It lasted about an hour and the interviewers took turns asking me questions ranging from standard behavioral questions to skill specific questions. I made sure to relate all of my answers to things I have done in the past and how that could translate to my role at NG. An important thing to emphasize is your ability to communicate and to be patient based on the amount of red tape a huge company like this has to navigate.

It wasn't until a month later that I heard back that I had gotten the position (end of May). Like I said, be prepared to be patient. I then had to complete a background check and drug screening before receiving an official offer. A month later I am able to start.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you dealt with a difficult team/group situation and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Diversity and Inclusion Interview

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Falls Church, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in person interview. Fairly easy, standard questions about skills and personality. They were interested in creating a cohesive team so there were a lot of questions about working style and problem solving.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Falls Church, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

Odd for an EA role; initial interview was with the manager, second interview was with five multidisciplinary individuals, one having at one time been an assistant. It was admitted to me that I was the first person they were trying this interview style on; I found it awkward. The questions asked didn't fully pertain to someone in a support role. But I gave them points for trying a new style.

Interview Questions

• In your last job what did you do creatively?   1 Answer