Northrop Grumman Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northrop Grumman Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Melbourne, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

First met with a recruiter at a college fair, an interview was scheduled for the next day. That was a very basic and relaxed interview, no tough questions. Two months later, I received an email with an invitation to a state hiring event.
Florida Hiring Event:
Spent 20 minutes each with three hiring managers having more of a conversation about my resume, interests, and goals in terms of working there. It was a very enjoyable experience overall, no tough questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northrop Grumman

Intern Interview

Interview

Met with a recruiter at a college internship fair and scheduled an interview for the next day. Interview was more conversational than question and answer. We mainly talked about my experience and what classes I had taken so far. The interview lasted about forty five minutes and I was told I would be contacted if they wanted to offer me the position.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in October 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume at a college career fair, and then was scheduled for a 1:1 interview the next week.
    I filled out their online application forms as requested, but the interview went through the basic form again. Then, the interviewer went through my resume, I was asked two basic personality/fit questions, I asked my own questions, and it was over.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one time you had to resolve a conflict with a supervisor.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Berkeley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was reached out to by a Northrop Grumman recruiter who set me up with an interview during a recruiting event on campus. I was interviewed by one hiring manager who worked in a field I was interested in, and he mostly questioned me about my resume and asked some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your projects   Answer Question
    • What was one time you disobeyed your superior and why?   Answer Question
    • Was there a time you had to deal with an uncooperative team member? How?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between overloading and overriding a method in Java?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an email for a phone screening with the group's lead. About 1 hour phone call with loads of behavioral questions which were fairly easy to answer. Could've been offered the job as I was interning in same position with a major competitor, but was turned down due to being a freshman in college with no advanced coursework.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the current projects you have been currently working on in/out of work?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

The internship process was really smooth. I met a recruiter at one of their college events and scheduled an interview for the next day. They asked a lot of behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

There was one interview them I got the call a month later. The interview was mostly behavioral, it honestly just felt like a normal conversation. There were no hard questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with someone that was being difficult   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Quick process. Panel of HR employees. Went to the information session and spoke with current people in the LA office. I received a call later that day and received an offer about a week afterward. The process was quick and simple.

Interview Questions

• Why should we pick you for the position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Northrop Grumman Response

Oct 29, 2015 – Talent Community Manager

Thanks for leaving a review to help future candidates!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (State College, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

Very friendly recruiter from a career fair. Great conversations about my work experience as well as possible work areas as an intern. Was asked a lot of detailed questions about the projects I had worked on and my specific role in them, and was put into many hypothetical situations to explain how I would handle them.

The interview was held on campus, so alongside many other interviews throughout the room.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to confront anyone in a group project setting, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (McLean, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

I knew someone who works at a company so I sent my resume and cover letter to him. Few weeks later, I get a call to set up a phone interview. Very easy and short. Just went over some details of the position and asked about the courses I've taken and the projects I did in school. Few days later, I got contacted from the recruiter and got a offer.

Interview Questions

• What course have you taken in college that relates to the job?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the projects you did in college that relates to the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Northrop Grumman Response

Sep 2, 2015 – Talent Community Manager

It's great to hear that you had a positive experience. Thank you for posting!